Which Discs To Go For?

right time to buy new brakes I've decided on the red stuff pads as I've got green and they aint very good and heard they fade to quickly, and dont want the yellow ones as there noisy, i want grooved discs all round even though i know the rear ones only do about 15% of the braking (but i would like them to match) but im not to sure which make discs to go for, so your opinion would be appreciated :thumbsup:

I would recommend Reds and plain discs if you're sticking to standard calipers - not 100% sure about EBC and the rear pad availability at the moment though.

Or go the whole hog (these need a new loving home, got them in yesterday!):

IMG_1799b-25.jpg

i thought red pads where for 200+bhp cars?

i have green stuffs on the front and standards on the back and the green stuffs dust up loads and dont seem to be that good for me :/

i thought red pads where for 200+bhp cars?

i have green stuffs on the front and standards on the back and the green stuffs dust up loads and dont seem to be that good for me :/

yer the red stuffs are but if you read up on them ther still good for road use with low dust, good from cold, excellent when hot and last pretty long whereas the green stuff pads have pretty high dust, crap from cold and i find that they dont particularly work well when ther hot lol and my car is pretty much verging on the 200bhp mark neway so thort id give them a go as they sound much better :thumbsup:

yer the red stuffs are but if you read up on them ther still good for road use with low dust, good from cold, excellent when hot and last pretty long whereas the green stuff pads have pretty high dust, crap from cold and i find that they dont particularly work well when ther hot lol and my car is pretty much verging on the 200bhp mark neway so thort id give them a go as they sound much better :thumbsup:

Seconded! :rolleyes:

keri how much would it be for grooved discs all round and red ebc pads for front n standard pads for back from u guys??

like i say dont need to tell me about green stuffs dusting up :( and not being that good :rolleyes: found out too late

my cars not running 200bhp or near it... no im stealing this thread from georgie aswell but what would someone recomend for the fronts on mine just put standards on the back and will be getting the 10G front discs off tm when the pads go, but what pads to go for :thumbsup:

like i say dont need to tell me about green stuffs dusting up :( and not being that good :rolleyes: found out too late

my cars not running 200bhp or near it... no im stealing this thread from georgie aswell but what would someone recomend for the fronts on mine just put standards on the back and will be getting the 10G front discs off tm when the pads go, but what pads to go for :thumbsup:

id just try red stuff ones mate as it sez ther for hard road use aswell not just cars that are 200bhp or more as you sed green ones are crap so that rules them out and the yellow suff ones are more for track use

I can say that the 4Pot Brake Upgrade is a top brake kit! fitting is very good and performance is superb although a good EBC Grooved Disc and Pad upgrade will run you well for awhile, we have ran 1 or 2 track cars at 200WHP for awhile on Stock Caliper Setups with just EBC Discs and Yellowstuff pads and they performed well :lol:

http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/prodde...ltimateBrakeKit

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments LTD

Workshop Landline - 01925 822266

TuningDevelopments@Hotmail.com

www.TuningDevelopments.co.uk