bought a bottom end which had a bearing go at somepoint so the crank needs a regrind but also the rod is a bit rough. not mega but will i still be able to salvage the rod ? and can a machine shop get it fixed ??

nah i manages to get the shell out as it was a bit stuck and feels a bit rough underneath. just felt a bit weary of putin a new shell on if it was gonna be fucked.

@ idrees is there anything you dont have lol. ill have a better look at it to see if it can maybe be cleaned up a bit but if not ill be in touch :lol:

If the shell has spun I wouldn't use the rod again the rod surface were the shell sits In is machined so should be smooth I'd recomed changing it/them from description but a picture would be good

tried my best with my not so good camera. i thinkin lookin at it id be aswell replacing it as it has scored all the way round. not deep but the others dont.

P3150003.jpg

P3150004.jpg

and a normal one. needs a clean tho

P3150005.jpg

dunno if the pictures will be of any use because there not very clear.

yeh that top picture looks like the shell has spun if you have your crank ground the guy who does it will tell you what oversize shells you'll need or see if idrees has a crank to match the pistons.

yeh i know the crank defo needs a regrind but im trying to get a decent one cheaper than the price i was quoted lol. i just wanna be able to build it with standard bearing and it will sit in my head for ages that the crank has been modified lol.