My mate mapped a GT with a TD04 a few weeks ago -- He says it started boosting at 2500rpm, and pulled all the way to the redline.

Said it didn't seem laggy at all (then he Had a superT70 on his GT4) never mentioned when it made full boost but I've been hearing 3500rpm for an average TD04 being banded around.

td04's are for tarts :D

get a ct9 with the exhaust part ct9 housing, intake ct20.. then your talking :D

no lag and mega boost

:D

went out in tom smith's recently forged td04 glanza at japfest yesterday. he could only take it to 4000rpm because its only just been rebuilt....

but even up to there it was fucking brutal, felt like it was gonna take off if he let it! td04's are awesome.

ive a feeling my ecu would fuel for a td04 so im very tempted...

what ecu have you got ecks??

i was considering an emanage ultimate chrome seeing as there not that much more than a blue..

I know the eManage Ultimate series are quite configurable, but they're all based on a 16 x 16 map which is the limiting factor. For an extra £100 you could get an Apexi Powwr FC which is totally standalone and a million times more configurable than the Greddy.

by the way I sold my eManage and saved for a Motec for my MR2. Now there's the daddy. :D:D

emanage blue's are pants. alot of serious tuners wont touch them due to having a small map.

the ultimates have tons more features.

hks f-con series are damn good.

there pretty much on par price range with the apexi power fc. the good thing about the power fc is the optional commander which shows knock, det, boost, injector usage etc with out the need for extra sensors and gizmos lol

The good thing about the power fc is the optional commander which shows knock, det, boost, injector usage etc with out the need for extra sensors and gizmos lol

Spot on that man :D

For power levels up to around 300 hp, there's not much that will compare to the power FC.

what ecu have you got ecks??

i was considering an emanage ultimate chrome seeing as there not that much more than a blue..

blitz access mate, its tuned for a blitz k1-200v with 2jz injectors and fuel pump so with very slight tweaking i dont see why it couldnt fuel for a t3/td04 etc (would prob only need a fuel reg, maybe some sort of afc at most).

certainly got far more grunt on the ct9, without the hassle of fcd's etc.

ok this post has thrown up a few question marks in my head,

i have an emanage blue, what power are they capable up to maping too??

i have heard of quite a few eps now with this making happy power so they cant be that gash???

secondly ragga man i didnt understand

get a ct9 with the exhaust part ct9 housing, intake ct20

im after ultimate responce and have had big mixups with what turbo i should use after reading about all the different ct9 hybrids there are,

i know a place that makes minted ct9a hybrids with ct20compressor wheel

but heard there are still heat issues with this due to something to do with the exhuast housing yea..?

and since a barol cooler is somewhay off ive to make do with an arc top mount.....

so have been told a ported ct9 is the best?

whats goin on im totaly coonfused about these two points....

A hybrid is never going to be as efficiant as a ball bearing turbo, purely because of the turbo's size. It may make the same numbers, but it's life will be that much shorter because of the heat it generates.

A hybrid CT9 with a CT20 compressor will generate way more heat than a TD05.

phone turboforce up. i cant remember the number off the top of my head so google is your best freind here.

they charge a bargain £580 including the vat to pick your ct9 up, hybrid it with cutback blades, new steel shaft, 360 thrust bearing,larger comp wheel etc. the lot.

ive heard lots of good things about them, theyve been in the buisness for almost as long as turbo technics, and also scottishcruiser off the forums had his ct20? hybrid and hes very very chuffed with it :D

also fensport have ct9 hybrids on the shelf ready for delivery at 650, along with 150 charge that you get back if you send your old ct9 back to them once you recieve there hybrid.

the turbo force ones are your old unit, and are capable of 1.4 bar.

fensport claim 1.2 ish bar.

to be honest, even though there hybrid i wouldnt crank the boost up past a bar unless you want to chance fracturing the exhaust housing like most ct9's are prone to.

also enzo,

some companys use different intake housings, such as the wepr kit. ct9 exhaust housing mated to a ct20? intake housing. there capable of slightly higher figures but then you have to sort out a new idea for the induction pipework. ie : straight off the intake .

the blues are fine, i may well settle for one merely for the price.but they only have a 16x16 fuelling map where as apexis / emanage ultimates / fcons have a larger map for even smoother fuel curve etc..

for the price though you cant complain, especially as they have fcd fucntion built in, along with ignition and fuel maps, may not be that amazing but definately do the job.

if your going for a mental hp figure you should jsut save the extra bit more and go for a standalone ecu and not a piggyback. thats just my thoughts though so yours may differ :D