Hey guys, I have recently been thinking of putting a 5efe engine into my starbo. I was just wondering if anyone knows how easy this swap is, and what sort of power figures I should expect to see from the swap (BHP 0-60 etc?) Any info would be appreciated. James

Why go 5EFE? The 5EFE is still an econmy engine.. I wouldn't move from a 4EFE to that it's not really worth the effort if you ask me.

Depending on the year they put out 94-100 depending on the year.. 0-60's to hard to tell, but it aint no rocket. if you are looking for engine swap I'd recommend either 4EFTE, 4AGE or go 5EFHE

4A would need custom work for the engine brackets, cheap option is to drop in a 5E-FE, or for a bit more a 4E-FE

OR

get a 5E-FE turbo that and drop it in, the only difference between 5E-FE and the 5E-FHE is the higher lift cams (it's what the H stands for), so if you can get the cam you can go turbo 5E

Yea we were talking about this yesterday.

Geo would be the man to give some advice on the full potential of the n/a 5efe.

Also it would be nice to hear from RMSNoel to hear what he has to say as he has one in his starlet and from what I hear, he's loving it! 110bhp around that with decat!

Peace Out

Joz

Yeah him and whitestarlet are running it, they dont say much about it though :D

Geo doesn't do n/a anymore,booo :D he's away with the turbo "crowd" :D

Nah Graeme, u'd be surprised the things Geo says about the n/a, ask him sumtime!

Peace Out

Joz

hey guys just seen this post like,

yea white starlets done this and hes your man to speak to about overall driving impresions,

im keen on doin what uve done Graeme just waiting for the right priced starlet to pop up,

ive done power to weight figures comparing a 5e equiped ep91 starlet in standard trim against a vts,

you would have the same power to weight ratio if you could add an extra 15 brake to the 5efe taking up to 115bhp,

saxos vts get to sixyt in the 7 region so you would defo be able to piss all over a vtr as they have rediculusly tall gearing, and imagin it with a six speed etc,

i think 150bhp or very close to would be possible and would love to try it out,

no one in the na crowd has taken an na fe starlet that far yet due to the turbo eps being there, but i will ...definatly when i have the cash