Wierd 1? Please Have A Look

sold a lad local to me a bov, he doesent use these forums or anything. he was having problems with it and brought it up for me to have a look and we sorted it, cut a long story short i had a wee shot of his car, its hitting 1bar under 3k rpm and pulls well right up to the redline, but while fitting the bov i remembered he had a standard mani and cat. pulled over and had a look its completley stock except a s/s system,and nology ht leads and a greddy boost guage. no fueling mods, no boost controller or bleed valves, no adjustable actuator, nothing? was annoying me at this point and i had the glove box out to have a looka t the ecu. guess what.... STOCK no fcd either?

crossed my mind that the guage might be faulty but it did pull very well and certainley didnt feel stock!

so WTF?

hes away now i dont really know him. its just doing my head in.

it definetley didnt feel like a standard car mate it was pretty quick. at first i thought it might have been a jam actuator but there is no fcd.

and it spools nicley to 1bar its not creeping

did you look at the guage went the car was off or was it a electrical guage. your used to your car with a fmic remember. my glanza felt slower with the fmic compared to the tmic and it always feels quicker being a passanger

dodgy gauge, fcd somewhere... or a very funky remapped ecu from japland.

my mates glanza had an original ecu that had been remapped back in japan, but obviously that is very unlikely on a completely stock V.

i was driving his car vpower, it doesnt feel like a stock car. i had a look around the map sensor too for a fcd, the boost guage has been plumbed in normally but the vacum hose from the t piece didnt go through the firewall at the top, it went to the bootom and in that way and the guage is mounted at the passenger side of the dash.

its really baffled me thats why im asking lol