Lightweight Flywheel Dose It Do Anything To The Power

Hey just havin a chat with a mate and was wondering will a lightweight flywheel creat less flywheel power? has hes thinking of gettin one fitted and was just curious, oviously its befifical to the overal performance of the car but was just wondering about the power figure

yea i could see what your sayin B)

i read on here or maybe tgtt somewhere that it will make less power on a dyno for watever reasons but oviously help with goin up the revs in the car etc

so my question really is will it give a less power figure on a dyno to havin a normal standard flywheel

wouldnt of thought so as its less drag/resistance. its less of a power thing and more of a revs thing i have a JUN one on my V and it revs a lot more freely than my last V that didint have one. it wouldnt reduce atf horsepower as thats due to the engine/setup/tune etc not the wieght of the fly B)

Yeah as said, peak BHP is suppose to increase (although very minimal) the Torque will suffer slightly but all these slight changes in BHP and Torque you wont really notice, the main difference you will notice is that the engine will be alot easier to rev up so will tend to like revving easier so Heel and Toe would be better :angry2:

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones

Tuning Developments LTD

Workshop Landline - 01925 822266

TuningDevelopments@Hotmail.com

www.TuningDevelopments.co.uk

read this:

http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/FLYWHEEL.htm

i also have a question, i have bought a oem flywheel which is lightend and weights 5.3 kg.

how much weights the stock 4e-fe flywheel? i heard somethimng about 6.7 kg will i notice any difference when i change it?

i wouldn never fit a stock flywheel that has been lightened, too many dangers, and thinking of the way the engine-gearbox are aligned, if it fails, its coming through the dash into your face.

on a higher note, if thats your car in the signature, its pretty sweet

A lighter flywheel is also a recommendation. Not only do they increase throttle response, they "free up" horsepower by decreasing rotational mass.You can shave your existing flywheel However, this is a controversial issue and if you search will discover how everyone feels about it and the dangers that can come with it.

flywheels are normally balanced. flywheels can be lightened within limits and the most effective place for lightening is as far away from the centre as possible. the reason is that force times distance applies and removal of material nearest the starter gear has more effect on the acceleration factor. caution thw Aviod thin sections (less than 0.312in/around 8mm i think) as you risk disintegration in service. now the question is how much iz ok to take off, this will depend entirely on the original thickness of your flywheel but, usually, it will be in the range of 20%-50% of the original weight. if the engine is for race porpose thn all engine internal conponents should be balanced to the last gram for 7000rpm on a continuous basis. and the balancing proces should be crank thn flywheel thn presure plate. always use new clutch plates in my experience as the dowel holes in the presure plate can most of the time wear and not conform to being concentric. this is a masive problem and will thrw everything out. not read the link put on this topic and am sorry if i have just repeated anything, and am talking from my own experience with lightend parts. 1 of the more effective parts to lighten are to use balanced slipper pistons and lightend rods as this helps reduce friction and load on the crank. and this would be true, engineering with mathmatical equations and everything, now we talking peolpe, LOV IT