well as we all know blue smoke= oil

so first question does it smoke on tickover?

2nd does it smoke on boost and 3rd does it smoke when cold and then go when its warm?

dosent do it at tickover only on boost when warm 4th and 5th gear after 60mph

might be a possibility

if its not bad smoking id keep it till it gets worse IF it gets worse might be ok

plus keep it on and save for a hybrid :) i would

its no 2 bad just now only been over the last wk its happen and only at 60mph and over

deffo blue smoke??? and if its not bad i wouldnt worry about it yet. if it did it constantly then id be tempted to replace it if not id leave it be for now lol

deffo blue smoke not 2 bad be u do c it when u open it up a we bit lol

id leave it for now then in that case it might not get anyworse

just keep a spare 100 quid lying around just incase it does get worse you can buy another one and not be without a car lol

other than that i wouldnt worry for now mate

• 2 weeks later...
just fitted an other turbo but car is still the same anyone no what else it could be

tbh you dont know what condition the turbo youve just fitted is in? so the seals could be worn on that? But could be a number of things, could be headgasket but the oil isnt under much pressure atall when draining back through the head to the sump, so the gasket would have to be blown fairly bad for it to be leaking into the combustioin chamber.

It could also be valve stem seals, but this would be more noticebale on overrun and from start up.

tbh you dont know what condition the turbo youve just fitted is in? so the seals could be worn on that? But could be a number of things, could be headgasket but the oil isnt under much pressure atall when draining back through the head to the sump, so the gasket would have to be blown fairly bad for it to be leaking into the combustioin chamber.

It could also be valve stem seals, but this would be more noticebale on overrun and from start up.

think ive fixed it rocker corver gasket looks like its bn leaking on 2 1 off the plugs the plug was full off oil dryed it off and put sealer on it till a get new gasket was ok on wae home from work

i didnt personally think this, but been told recently that oil smokes blue only if its been combusted, ie got into a chamber, im not sure on this, but if its true then its not the turbo, so could be headgasket, valve stem seals, things like that.

why it could have been ure pcv valve im really unsure :/

i didnt personally think this, but been told recently that oil smokes blue only if its been combusted, ie got into a chamber, im not sure on this, but if its true then its not the turbo, so could be headgasket, valve stem seals, things like that.

why it could have been ure pcv valve im really unsure :/

done pcv valve and turbo all so put mani and de cat on it but was ok on wae home after drying plug off and re sealing rocker gasket the day