Owning A Glanza Vs Civic

Hi people, ive got a ek3 civic (1.5 vtec) at the moment and im SERIUSLY thinking about selling it and gettig a glanza v, just wanted your thoughts on it, i.e- comparisons, pros/cons.

ive put somethink simlar up on a few civic fourms and ive had mixed things said like starlets handle shit and ill hate it. to there great lil cars n ill love it lol

i just feel like its time to move on and I've always fancyed abit of boost :p i love the looks and just wonderd if anyone has owned a civic and could shed some light on it for me lol. thanks for reading :p

......waits for gaz-o-larr to write a post.....

both good lil cars mate i love my glanza like loads but have to say if anything happened to it i would be replacing it with and ek9 type R, personal preference buddy

i have a N/a starlet so probs differs alot from glanza. but yea they wouldn't handle anything like a civic standard, back end can get very nervous, you can sort that with the right handling mods.

but i love my starlet, couldn't imagen having anything else.

an anti roll bar and anti lift kit from whiteline sorts the handling issues. that little lot is about 200 quid.

opens up the true capability of the chassis.

ive had an ek3 and two ek4s.

and always came back to the turbo starlet.

see if you can get a shot in a turbo starlet, prefrably one pushing a bar of boost, you wont look back.

my EG6 vtak pop's :p ,

the thing about the civic's is that you can smash them about but when you need to get home you can cruise and they sit there all nice and quiet, done over 80miles at that cadwell track day driving through the night to get there and home and it never missed a beat, the back end's can get abit happy tho so no lifting off or she will step out like a true DK!!!,

but then there is something about the starlet's, i dont drive mine all that often so when i get in it it just feels right smeels like v-power all the time too with the tank in the back :p

HMMMMM, not to sure about that real power comment, i no that if there was a 200bhp eg sitting there and a 200bhp starlet sitting there i would go civic everytime, unless you have driven and felt a proper vtec round a track or local street spot it's hard to explain

both have there good and bad points

y not buy a glanza, then if you dont like it sell it and buy yourself a civic, its not like its gonna go down in value after a few months is it .

well i only have a n/a starlet, but ive been offered a few cars, but i dont want anything else because theres just something about it thats different from lots of other cars. and yes it handles really bad as standard but as enzo said an anti-roll bar and an anti-lift kit will sort it out :p

and also there are more civics around than glanza's

Anup

thanks for the input guys, ive been told that glanza's arent anywhere near as reliable as i civic? is this ture? i know each car is different but what is most likely or prone to go wrong?

if its a type r its the superior drive i love the sound of vtec, but the glanza is good for suprising bigger things and its got the fun factor

i had a ek9 type r and swaped it with andy on here and he wants another glanza, think that tells its own story really

you had a civic its time for a glanza you wont be disapointed

ive had civic, a classic mini, 205gti, 2colts and fto gpx, and the glanza ive got now is by far the most amusing!!! bearing that in mind it was only after fitting the rear arb to the glanza. it was fun before but when i fitted that arb 2 week ago ive driven the 10mile longer, windy road way home from work eveyday since. costing me a fortune but its quality. handles awsum and the boost is quality!!! miles better than vtec or the mivec i had on the my gpx fto, all noise and no real go.... glanza ftw!!! :p

thanks for the input guys, ive been told that glanza's arent anywhere near as reliable as i civic? is this ture? i know each car is different but what is most likely or prone to go wrong?

Glanzas are just as reliable as Civics if you know what you're doing. Too many idiots get hold of Glanzas/GTs these days and it's easy to make a turbo engine go bang if you fuck around with it i.e. fuel cut defender without uprating the fuelling for more boost.

It's hard to give you a proper answer because you've only got a 1.5 Civic. Standard vs standard a B16 powered Civic and a Glanza with boost restriction removed should be fairly even I'd imagine.

Too many idiots get hold of Glanzas/GTs these days and it's easy to make a turbo engine go bang if you fuck around with it i.e. fuel cut defender without uprating the fuelling for more boost.

Seconded i know a lot of people that get in them and floor them straight away without letting the engine warm up, the fcd with now uprated fuel pump then wonders why their engines running lean on fuel stuff like that makes them unreliable, but if you get in any car and floor it from cold you ll do damage, i am a civic and glanza lover

it was a choice between the two and what ended up pulling me towards the glanza was 1 insurance, ie i couldnt get insured on the EK9 type R and and also the turbo i love the sound of a turbo spooling up and the dump valve ie the look on mateys face in the saxo when you let off is pricless :p but thats me

like i say next car will be a civic, but i wouldnt sell the glanza for one