I recently changed my stock CT9 turbo for a ct20 turbo, im haveing a weird problem where the car is boosting (hitting 1bar) but just seems so powerless.. ive checked for leaks and seems to be fine, only thing im thinking is maybe my dumpvalve is leaking, turbo gaskets have blown or something along those lines.. its spools up very quickly but doesnt seem to hit full boost untill around 6k revs? previous to fitting this turbo my stock ct9 used to stick and hold boost fine... maybe im missing something really simple.

well the ct20 is a big turbo mate so 6k full boost prob wont be far of full boost, bit of a old skool turbo mate, there alot o other better turbo's out there that will better drive and more power,

what other mods have you got?

got Blitz decat, sps mani, fuel cut, fpr, forge dumpvalve, hks hi power exhaust .. its the CT20 cut down to fit into a modified CT9 housing. so spool time should be pretty good.. just seems powerless. i have a EBC to be fitted soon. hopefully sharpen things up.. but also could be thinking maybe faulty actuator?

any pics of this turbo? because to cut a ct20 shaft down to fit a ct9 housing would leave nothing left of the shaft!? cant see how anyone has made that fit to be honest.

the shaft on the ct20 is huge which would explain the lag. sounds like a very mismatched turbo to your set up.

is the boost dropping off?

any pics of this turbo? because to cut a ct20 shaft down to fit a ct9 housing would leave nothing left of the shaft!? cant see how anyone has made that fit to be honest.

the shaft on the ct20 is huge which would explain the lag. sounds like a very mismatched turbo to your set up.

is the boost dropping off?

i got it from shorty.. and no its not dropping off just seems like its spooling but not pullin