Few Problems I Need A Little Help And Advice On..

Hey guys, Today i felt like i should sort my car out a little bit so i went to work on the rear bumper because there was a massive gap underneath the rear left light and a few people said it might be some clips snapped off holding the bumper up however on removal of the bumper, there was no clips so i put the bumper back on and now the gap has decreased a fair bit :S i dont understand why but happy with that.. Anyway my first question is this. Now i thought that al cars had some sort of bar within the bumper to absorb impact in crashes so when i saw thsese two holes (shown in pic) i worried, So i was wondering is the glanza meant to have a "bumpBar" there or not?

S6301175.jpg

And another problem i have is, i went to lower the back of my car to the max today so got my coilover off and as i went to lower it the FEcker had ceased up, as was the problem me and cookie had when fitting them So yeah i would realy appreciate any help in getting the coilover unceased because i really wanna lower my car but i dont wanna get rid of my D2's as they are a good coily!!

Any help would be appreciated thanks guys!! (and gals!)

Dan.x

Lol well thats good then :) i was only wondering because ive seen cars with like a sort of extra bump bar that goes across to absorbs impacts if you get me :(

Any advice or ideas on releasing a ceased coilever?? i really cant afford to get some news ones just yet lol!

Dan.x

Yeah they really are a bitch as you say mate! yeah i have tried like half a can of DW40 over the space of an hour. and i just dont seem to have enough brute force to get this thing loose :) it is really getting on my nerves too because i desperately want to lower the rear of my car!!! GRR!! Any methods of brute force you reccomend?? I was Also thinking using extreme heat on the ceased area, would this be ok or would it damage the coily??

Dan.x

Yeah they really are a bitch as you say mate! yeah i have tried like half a can of DW40 over the space of an hour. and i just dont seem to have enough brute force to get this thing loose :) it is really getting on my nerves too because i desperately want to lower the rear of my car!!! GRR!! Any methods of brute force you reccomend?? I was Also thinking using extreme heat on the ceased area, would this be ok or would it damage the coily??

Dan.x

dont put heat near it mate.they are gas filled and ull blow the fuckers up or sumin.get u and a mate to each have a c spanner and have a poll in each of them to get better leverage and try to undo them that way.thats how i got my trd ones undone

Ah this has helped alot thanks Luke and also thanks for the suggestions on loosening up the coilovers matt!! i will try the spanners again with the pole for extra leverage as you say, but this will be for sometime this week now :) i might just purchase some new coilovers to be honest :( Getting sick of trying to loosen it up!! GRR!

Dan.x

By taking weight off the coilies you mean taking them off the car and doing it?? sorry lol im a bit of a newb at all this DiY shit but i need to learn to save myself all that silly labour cost garages charge ya!! :) I am refusing to pay them any longer lol!! So yeah please elaborate my friend :(

Dan.x

By taking weight off the coilies you mean taking them off the car and doing it??

Yes, thats what i mean. Often things won't budge, untill you take stress of them. This might be the case with the coilies.

Yeah i have tried Releasing it both whilst on and off the car matey :) i had it ina vice also and tried more brute force to get it undone but that still didnt work :( the only other thing i can think of is using extreme heat but as previously mentioned that could cause it to explode and i dont want that lol!! Is it possible to strip these things down completely or???

Dan.x