Was on the WEPR site reading, they say their manifolds are to big to fit with the standard radiator, just wondering if anyone on here has fitted a TD04 and minifold without the need to buy a different radiator?

Also i've no experience in changing turbos, sot way do they fit on? Manifold->Turbo->Downpipe->Exhaust? or what way and will a TD04 fit directly to the exhaust or downpipe or is a different exhaust needed too?

depending on the exhaust flange, you may need a td04 downpipe.

the wepr manifold will foul on the standard rad, so they sell half sized ones, or you can use a different brand smaller rad.

you will need,

td04 manifold

td04 turbo unit

td04 downpipe

obviously gasket set

actuator if its not allready on the unit

fuel pump

fuel pressure reg

larger injectors

oil lines

water lines

fmic!!

relocation pipe for air filter

as well as rolling road time, and also an ecu (either chip, piggy back or standalone monster)

im sure I've probably missed soething off the list, but that was quickly off top of my head bro

to get the most out of a td04 you will need forged pistons and rods, unless you plan on never boosting it up ;) which would be slightly shite ;)

Remeber though Ragger you can run a TD04 at lower boost -- and because it's a higher flowing turbo you'll still get more power than a CT9... And another thing forged pistons aren't the be-all and end-all I've seen holes melted through forged pistons too -- it's up to the tuner to get that part right! Forged rods on the other hand are always a good idea as you'll probably rev higher with a TD04 as the power band will be slightly higher.

hence why i said why would you blow all that cash on a td04 setup if your not going to be boosting to about a bar ;)

otherwise you may as well push the ct9 to about a bar with the fuelling and timing modifications ;)

i was just stating the rough idea on what youd need for such a setup..

if your going anything more than a hybrid ct9/12/20 setup you really want to invest in forgies, no point in skimping and risking even more cash in the longrun.

if it were me, id get a rebuild so you have a fresh engine, get forged internals, run an external wastegate for more precise control and peakhold, and run about a bar with a good quality boost control setup.

i myself am getting my ct9hybrid, fitting the appropiate fuelling mods, running it on .5bar untill i get the ecu and mapping sorted so i can rid the fuel cut at the same time.

I have most some that stuff, got the following.

actuator

fuel pump

fuel pressure reg

larger injectors

fmic

i'm in a big delema if i should go TD04 or Hybrid CT9, just dunno, would cost more to Hybrid the CT9 i think but cheaper over all cause alot of my current stuff would do the trick.

the way you have to look at it is,

ct9s boost earlier no matter what people say about the td's.

td's will give overall more topend though.

depending on the type of ct9 hybrid they can boost just as high as a td04.

my ct9 will be more than capable of 1.3bar which i wont be going near untill i have forged the internals and had a rebuild.

1bar will be more then anough to see off a few things on the strip for now ;)