right .. ive got a few questions, i've got a n/a starlet sportif

there's a space in the rear arch, so you can like see the backbox and everything .. just wondering is that normal or is something missing, would mudflaps cover it?

when i lower the car, gonna get some 35-40mm lowering springs, will i have to change the shocks or do anything else?

are there any holes underneath the badge on the bonnet .. how do i remove it?

is it hard to change the lock barrels? does anyone have any advice?

thanks in advance

james

The space under the arch is normal, looks a bit odd at first but you'll get used to it B)

My car is lowered 40mm on PI springs, you don't have to change the shocks unless they start leaking really. You'll have to get accustomed to a harsh ride though :)

You can use a hairdryer to heat up the glue and remove the front badge, but there are two small holes just so you know! I think the rear Toyota badge doesn't have any holes underneath though

I wouldn't be able to tell you about lock barrels as I haven't got a clue lol..If you do find out though please let me know as I'm going to need to swap my bootlock over to my new tailgate!

Hope that helps

Amjad

The space under the arch is normal, looks a bit odd at first but you'll get used to it B)

My car is lowered 40mm on PI springs, you don't have to change the shocks unless they start leaking really. You'll have to get accustomed to a harsh ride though :)

You can use a hairdryer to heat up the glue and remove the front badge, but there are two small holes just so you know! I think the rear Toyota badge doesn't have any holes underneath though

I wouldn't be able to tell you about lock barrels as I haven't got a clue lol..If you do find out though please let me know as I'm going to need to swap my bootlock over to my new tailgate!

Hope that helps

Amjad

yea it looks weird, thought something was missing haha

do you have any trouble with it being lowered 40mm like the tryes on the archs or scrapping on things, think i might only do 35mm .. is it lowered alot on 40mm do you think 35mm would look good? ahh is it bad the ride, like really bad? haha

i really want to take it off, but that sound like alot of hassle..

yeaa will do mate..

thanks james

The car DID scrub a bit on the passenger front with the inner arch, only on full lock though. But I've fitted some 3mm spacers now so it's all good :)

Some people get some rubbing on the rear when people are in the back, this can be cured by fitting an adjustable panhard rod, here's a little link to explain what it does (click video at the bottom)

RSR Panhard Rod

It doesn't happen to everyone though, mine has been fine so far!

Well the handling combined with a few other mods is now excellent compared to stock. The ride is bearable, but you do feel every bump in the road lol. That's just the way it is with lowering springs B)

The only other alternative is to buy MeisterR Coilovers from Enzo, they are supposed to be really comfy for coilovers as they're designed specifically for Starlets on UK roads! I really want some but funds won't allow it lol

Well I guess you could take it off and if the holes are really noticeable you could put it back on? It wouldn't take a lot of work to fill and spray them yourself either being a Non-metallic white car!

Thanks dude!

cheers for the reply

ahh i dont want all the problems and a bad ride .. but its gotta be done! cant afford coilovers tho .. haha

do you know anything about sound proofing .. bet it rattles like a bitch? haha

yeaa i'm probs gonna give it a go, theres a dint the bonnet anyway .. so can fill that at the same time :)

james