What Is The Best Locking Nuts?

just bought some nice rims, but before i put them on the car i want to know what is the best locking nuts on the market, i have done little reading and have found that McGard are very good and that they have McGard Ultra, has anyone got these locking nuts?

The Mcgard ones arent worth it, theyre terrible, I had a set of mine. A garage did mine up too tight, ended up the tapered bit had welded itself to the wheel, when I went to undo it, it snapped leaving the tapered part stick inside the wheel. They're made of pig metal and very brittle, ended up having to drill the stud out then use a die grinder to bore out the rest of the locking nut, needless to say it cost me a new set of wheel nuts.

Damien

Thanks for the heads up.... so which locking nuts did you end up choosing??? Just that the McGard came up with good reviews on some of the websites i looked at.

The Mcgard ones arent worth it, theyre terrible, I had a set of mine. A garage did mine up too tight, ended up the tapered bit had welded itself to the wheel, when I went to undo it, it snapped leaving the tapered part stick inside the wheel. They're made of pig metal and very brittle, ended up having to drill the stud out then use a die grinder to bore out the rest of the locking nut, needless to say it cost me a new set of wheel nuts.

Damien

i wouldn't mind paying upto £40-50 for a set of locking nuts but they have to do the job right and not rust, where can you get the Rays locking nuts from? and how hard are they for theives to take them off?

Rays Lightweight Duranium.

Pricey but JDM, lock and look sexual in a choice of anodised colours.

Joz

Thanks for the heads up.... so which locking nuts did you end up choosing??? Just that the McGard came up with good reviews on some of the websites i looked at.

Ended up not using any lol, they put me off, besides, the car never leaves my sight, and speedlines arent all that appealing to the common thief. The mcgards are good but have they faults.

Damien