Upgrading Manifold, Suggestions ?

Alright guys, i've got a few performance parts on my car but i've got a standard cast iron horrible thing which has a slight crack on the outter case. i'm looking to get a realiable one but not wanting to pay silly money for extra performance gains, would be happy with small gains and something less restrictive.

i've spotted this one http://www.jperformance.co.uk/toyota-glanz...fold-p-286.html but not sure what to make of it? has anyone got this? don't want a cheap chinese metal one that will split !

cheers for any advice :)

you will notice a bit of a difference... not huge, but definitely a pick up in acceleration and top end pull, probably alot more responsive aswell

they are quite a thin stainless though compared to others so will eventually crack, but seem to have a good build quality and come with a very good warranty.

for the money you can complain and will last a good old while :)

ahh, i'm lookin to buy both at the same time as i have a custom 2.5'' bore cat-back with 4'' jap cut backbox, but the centre pipe is a blitz decat..so i was told, so there's restriction in the manifold and decat pipe yeah?

any good suppliers for decat pipes ?

well if you have a blitz decat that's a good thing... have a look under your bonnet, next to your turbo look at the cat/decat, see if there is any writting down the side... if it says blitz you have a very nice rare decat.

the mani isnt a restriction until you up the boost past stock levels, same with the cat. have a look at the traders on here they all supply them and all are of a very high quality :)

ahh, i'll go do that now ! see, i'm quite a newb to turbo cars, never really paid much attention, usually the decat is under the car yeah?sometimes in the manifold?but the glanza one is a seperate pipe,i think ? oh, im only running 1bar just now and wouldn't be lookin to up the level anytime soon, but my manifold has a split along the top which i'll post up in 5mins when i look to see if i ave a blitz decat !

owch! lol that doesn't look to good, also cat to me looks standard. i really wouldn't want to be running 1bar through the stock mani and cat.

i would turn down the boost asap then look to buy a new mani and decat.... perhaps get a compression test done just to make sure the rings etc are still all good aswell

Yeh as above the fact the crack has come up on runner 3 which is were the restiction is, shows its being super stressed that the first time i've seen one of the standard manifolds crack that bad!! Turn down the boost mate asap.

I'm selling a well ported and polished (for strength) standard manifold which has been bead blasted ATM check out my posts I'm running one at 1bar with no problems what so ever you will notice a difference once that restiction has been removed and running 1bar.

you will notice a bit of a difference... not huge, but definitely a pick up in acceleration and top end pull, probably alot more responsive aswell

they are quite a thin stainless though compared to others so will eventually crack, but seem to have a good build quality and come with a very good warranty.

for the money you can complain and will last a good old while ;)

They are the same spec as TM development ones who supply the JP cat also, so cant be that bad!!!

Ordered my Manifold and De-Cat today from JP Performance will let you know how i go on :wacko:

http://www.jperformance.co.uk/toyota-starl...ecat-p-512.html

them J performance ones will not let you down

i had a full system on mine mate mani, de-cat and cat back and the gains were brilliant. the decats are braced so that gives you more protection. and the mani's are solid. trust me if you get one you'll be very happy with it

them J performance ones will not let you down

i had a full system on mine mate mani, de-cat and cat back and the gains were brilliant. the decats are braced so that gives you more protection. and the mani's are solid. trust me if you get one you'll be very happy with it

Cheers Steve, out for delivery tomorrow ;) hopefully get it fitted for the Rising Sun show in Lincs!!!!

cheers guys,hope to hear how you get on with the manifold and decat !

if i was to get a stainless steel manifold and get it braced by a local welder would this increase lifetime?it would give me performance gains and realiability yeah ?

i would not buy a cheap stainless manifold for shit man seriously. the j performance gear is of good build quality, and im sure the decat and exhausts are ok, but the manifolds have to take a shit load of heat, its cheap stainless steal, doesnt matter if einstein put it together

TM Web site Manifold

* High quality grade T304 stainless steel manifold.

* 3mm thick, mandrel bent polished stainless steel.

* Huge weight reduction.

* Significantly increase torque and horse power over the entire RPM range.

* Up 15BHP gained by fitting this manifold.

* Increases throttle response and exhaust flow.

* Direct replacement.

* Gaskets included.

JPERFORMANCE

Toyota Starlet Stainless Steel Turbo Manifold and Decat

Quantity:

New JPerformance Stainless Steel CT9 Tubular Manifold is made from a high quality 304 stainless steel. Designed to replace the original cast iron unit, it has been CAD designed for optimum gas flow allowing exhaust gases to exit the turbo faster, increasing performance, speeding up spool up, reducing turbo lag and improving throttle response.

Spec:

* High Quality Grade T304 Stainless Steel Manifold.

* 3mm( not 1.3mm*)Thick, Mandrel Bent Polished Stainless Steel.

* Huge Weight Reduction.

* Fully Braced

* Significantly Increase Torque & Horse Power Over the Entire RPM range.

* Increases Throttle Response & Exhaust Flow.

* Direct Replacement-includes decat also.

* Gaskets Included.

Looks like the same manifold to me!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
think it'll have to be the JPerformance one then :thumbsup:

hows it running with the jperformance mani?

looking to get one myself if there worth it...

do they come with all the studs, gaskets and nuts?