Rear View Mirror

My rear view mirror was abit rattly so i decided to tighten it. i thought simple job there is a little black plastic cover, i'll pop it off and tighten the screw. but no, much to my surprise when i took that black thing off there was a little circuit board?

What the fuck is that?

img0239y.jpg

Electric board i was on about

img0237eb.jpg

Close up

img0238rc.jpg

Sorry for iPhone quality. thats all i had at the time.

You can get the remote from Toyota after programing it you can lock the car via the remote have a quick search someones already done it also to CraigN iirc your rear view was rattling you may have this also???!

The remote came in two versions, one is a simple square keychain with one button for both functions, open and close, and normally comes with Starlet Reflect X, and Glanza's before 98 the other one is the car key with a "big head" with two buttons, that one comes with the Reflect F Limited edition, and Glanzas 98-99. You have to go to Toyota to find one of these with the right frecuency

My car is a 96 and came with the two button key remote I'll get a picture of it if you like also if you press the lock button twice the horn beeps

i thought it might be but, i didn't get any remote for mine. nor did the previous owner.

Yea, but that doesn't mean it didn't leave the factory with it. ;) I think it's standard on all Glanzas, so it would make sense for the reciever to always be there.

And like the others said you can get the remote controls for about 30-40 quid from Toyota and there is a guide in EP Wiki on how to set them up.