Springs Make Popping Sound ?

i have lowered my n/a last weekend, done it myself to get a bit of experience and keep some money in my pocket.

when i turn alot (ie: when parking in a tight space requiring alot of lock) my off side spring makes a popping sound, as if the spring is jumping on the rubbers or somthing.

its not a nice sound. i dont know wether to be worried about it as i thought it was getting a bit better.

Is this a case of just having to let them wear in a bit?

money is tight at the moment so i really cant afford it to go wrong

what doe's everyone sugest?

any help appretiated

cheers luke

Are your dampers ok? if they are spongey the spring will sink more that it should causing the coil on the spring to touch one another!....

thats a fair point, i will have to have a look when i finish work, will this be causing imediate damage to anything? i realise its best to uprate shocks and springs together but i read it would be fine as long as i dont leave the standard shocks on for to long.

appretiate the advice

luke

It should be ok for now all it will do over time is make your new springs weaker with the dampers been soft! So if the dampers are fooked change them soon as you can.

Edit...Also im not sure what side is makeing the noise but if its the gearbox side that tends to take more abuse because its the round about side!

It should be ok for now all it will do over time is make your new springs weaker with the dampers been soft! So if the dampers are fooked change them soon as you can.

Edit...Also im not sure what side is makeing the noise but if its the gearbox side that tends to take more abuse because its the round about side!

okay, well i got an MOT coming up next month so ill guess i will find out then and its the offside front thats suspect so its not takeing the maximum abuse. but like i said it only really happens at very low speeds when i am parking or turning tightly.

again, thanks for the advice, was starting to think it was going to fall off :harhar: