D2 Coilover Bottom Collar Seized

hello today i tried loering my coilovers but the bottom collar just would not budge at all.

The adjustment collar was not seized it went up very easily it was jus the bottom collar these coilys are about 18months old. anybody have any idea how to budge this flippin bottom collar?

cheers

Katy

hammer is not an option my fella is 20 stone 6'6ft and he has belted it and all its done is damage the bottom collar it looks to be cheap shitty metal really quite disheartened. wanted her low tday

^^ exactly the same problem i had and i did try everything! even heating them up, dispite the warning label lol

got a set of bc coilovers in the end as spare parts are readily available for reasonable money

GUtted i'll try soaking them next week or 2 over night and see what happens. i keep gettin told to just do away with the bottom collar as the euro boys dont bother, but i dont want it on its arse and i cant see them not adjusting themselves all over the shop if they dont have that retaining bottom collar

and i have the correct spanners dean :rolleyes: