Hi d6.gif

I intend to rebuild an engine the bottom end had supposedly gone. the block i have supposedly.. had went.

can i rebuild the block no problem?? can i strip down and rebuild it ok?

let me know if you can help me on this situation.

also im realy doing this as a NOOB! i noticed a guy making a video.

so i need all info i can get if possible, i plan on making it a fresh block and standard internals and so on!!

im also looking for an engine stand if anyone is willing to denoate or sell me one id greatly appreciate...

all work will be recorded.

learn by doind mate if unsure ask on here

but i stripped down a full fte engine i had as a spare just to learn whats inside them and it really helped

just make sure you know where everything is so you can put them back properly.

take plenty of pictures for future reference lol

From what ive learnt, you have to get your bearing clearances,ring gaping,torques all right for a good bottom end not as easy as slapping it all together need the correct tools i.e gauges/ring gaper/piston ring tool etc

Learn by doing is one thing but i sure as hell dont have enough money to spunk on new bearings/rings each time i mess them up/break them.....buy the parts and get someone to build the bottom end for you.

From experience if the bottom end has gne that bad u will have to get the crank skimmed, possibly even another crank.

Tools you will need is:

socket set metric

spanner set metric ( if you can get ratchet ones all the better)

screw driver set

pliars

wire cutters

m9 spline tool for head bolts

deglazing tool for the bores or use 1200 sand paper

piston ring clamp

puller for the bottom pulley

and a impact gun depending how tight bottom pulley is

valve spring clamp

valve grinding tool and paste

torque wrench

torque angle guage

tip ex- to mark where bolts come from and position of parts u remove

i think thats all the tools, depending on the extent u want to rebuild the engine and the spec uprated gaskets and stuff is up to you but at a minimum parts wise you will need

full engine gasket kit

silicon sealant for the sump

piston rings

new head bolts ( you dont have to change these but for peice of mind i would)

big end bearings

new conrods ( depending on condition of old ones if they are scratch or marked where the bearing is replace)

cambelt kit

These are not essential but depending on age and conditon

water pump

oil pump

oil pressure switch

get the head skimmed

if all the rods are from older car get em balanced and checked

hope this helps just some tips for when you do the work pre oil all parts before refitting also depending where you are doing it u can jus leave the block in the car and do it that way all preference and tools available.

and possibly new belts

• 1 month later...

For a full enjoy rebuild as you've just specced, how much will it cost roughly for parts? Parts from new not second hand.

I'm looking to buy a glanza which I know needs a rebuild but not sure to what extent yet, and would rather just rebuild the whole thing for peace of mind.

i finished re-building mine today mate, i followed that video guide and was perfect! make sure you use a torque wrench and get the correct settings. i would say you can use my stand if you want to mate but your all the way up north. lol