Does this look like its been hybrid to you?

alright dave,

One of my mates bought it off of somebody because his ct9 was smoking like a good'un.

for some reason it suddenly stopped smoking so there getting rid of it.

now i thought , assuming its a ct9a , it would have 4 sets of twin fins...

this has 6 sets of twins...and one of the fins is marked with a red pen, as you can see...very minimal play in the shaft, and all it needs is the exhaust housing being mated to it.

im ripping my ct9b off my glanza today/tomorrow/when/if it stops raining... as im having it rebuilt and hybrid..allthough seeing this made me wonder about trying it.

mate if its free and works ok then if i was in your shoes id have it and see whats its like. if its ok then keep it and save aload of cash.

that definatly doesnt look like ct9 fins and its bored, not an expert but that could even be a bigger intake? hard to tell.

ill tell for sure later today when my ct9b is off (sunday)..

im sure this has been bored out, as the inlet looks rather thin walled..

also theres 12fins?! most hybrids ive seen only have 10-11 fins max.

its missing the exhaust(wastegate) housing so if you were to buy it ecks, you would need to mate it to yours. not a big job though as you know.

ill get mine off totally today... and compare, thats if i can see through the thick oil residues due to shagged seals :p my poory ct9b has oil dripping into the decat lol not healthy

ah nice.

yeah mate i presume its the compressor side from an ep82 turbo and not an ep91? I'm guessing they'll still unbolt/bolt together in the same way....

Hmmm think my seals are good but we'll see how it does at 1bar :p

it does certainly look a little different to standard though..

im assuming the intake housing (pictured) is a ct9a item, but with different internals .. due to it saying toyota ct9, where as ep91 turbos just say toyota on them.

the intake mating holes for the exhaust housing are identical, so it would be a case ot unbolt your exhaust housing and bolt onto this one.

and about your price, £12? this looks very much like a t2 wheel to me with the fin layout. that price is silly. make more sensible offers and i may let this go. if not im going to purchase a standard shagged ct9, use the exhaust housing and sell it on that way.

you've never experienced sarcastic bidding then?

well alright then, let me see what i can find.....

£14 and half a packet of trebor extra strong mints - never ragged or raced. :p

send me a pm mate and we'll chat, or better still, you got msn?

you've never experienced sarcastic bidding then?

well alright then, let me see what i can find.....

£14 and half a packet of trebor extra strong mints - never ragged or raced. :p

send me a pm mate and we'll chat, or better still, you got msn?

lol :D ill pm you then dude