Wow, No Drive Out The Glanza !

Alright guys,

Had the car up at falkirk cruise last night and on the drive home I was driving calmly,came up to a roundabout next to the stadium and was in fifth slowed down and changed to third then tried to accelerate out of corner and the car just revved ! there was nothin, no drive atall, no loud crunches bangs or nothing? The car goes into gear without puttin the clutch down and it doesn't drive atall. Anyone had anythin like this happen to them?I've got a mate who's a mechanic at subaru and knows them very well, says it could be a clutch or a gearbox?

Thanks for any help/advice/thoughts in advance ! :)

Alright guys,

Had the car up at falkirk cruise last night and on the drive home I was driving calmly,came up to a roundabout next to the stadium and was in fifth slowed down and changed to third then tried to accelerate out of corner and the car just revved ! there was nothin, no drive atall, no loud crunches bangs or nothing? The car goes into gear without puttin the clutch down and it doesn't drive atall. Anyone had anythin like this happen to them?I've got a mate who's a mechanic at subaru and knows them very well, says it could be a clutch or a gearbox?

Thanks for any help/advice/thoughts in advance ! :)

if it goes into gear without engaging the clutch then the clutch is your problem, either that or your gearlinkages

i've had the car four weeks and it's been fine ! never touched anything mechanically ! changed the HT Leads and fuel filter is about as far as it goes. When I started driving the car it was starting to crunch slightly going into gears, thing this was a sign the clutch was about to go as it went 5minutes(if that) afterwards ?

lol i've got my mate comin up tomorrow to give me a hand stripping it and makin sure it's a clutch but if all you guys thinkin it's a clutch i'll try and get one tonight and get it fitted tomorrow. hate having my car off the road,depresses me especially when it's broke lol

I've got a mate who's a mechanic at subaru and knows them very well, says it could be a clutch or a gearbox?

No shit Sherlock :p

But yea its your clutch by the sounds mate may aswell uprate it :)

id get a new clutch anyway mate even if its not clutch if you take the whole box off its a big job just to put it straight back on again. worth putting a new clutch on while the box is off :)