Flickering Dash Lights

On my auto diesel EP91 when you put it into drive and switch the sidelights/headlights on and put it in " D "(drive) the indicator and some other lights on the instrument cluster begin flickering on and off? but them flickering doesn't cause the actuall indicators(outside the car) to flicker (The flashing is as if the hazard lights have been turned on, but they are not.)

Any ideas whats up?

I been driving like that tonight and it hasn't caught fire YET.

afcourse i do!! I'll give you a ride if i see you about. It is a white N/A basically It is surprisingly slow and doesn't even go up the hills with me in it. Well it does but you can hear it struggle.

I approached a give way, looked to my right a car was coming (completely forgot i'm in a diesel starlet) and put my foot down, it kicked down and ran out of puff :o and i didn't go anywhere lol

I will check cables and alternator cables at the weekend but untill then if someone has pointers then please. also need to check the fuses.

U got your diesel in the end! :D good stuff pics?

Just hit the dash wors for me :p

yh yh mate, i got the one you showed me :o picked up today and got it insured and taxed. and freshly mot'd by the old man at the garage. i'll try hitting the dash aswell some say it just a bad earth somewhere. need to follow it up from the headlight switch.

It was pretty dirty and has a fair few scuffs but i put £15 diesel after i picked it. Drove home about 45 miles and the needle is still in the same place. Washed and clayed it today and WD40 on the hinges as they were all dried out and stiff cleaned the engine bay up a bit need to re clay and then polish/wax

will get pics up soon

Really nice car though. Abit girly