How 2: Oil Change On An N/A

basically i hadnt changed my oil in 5 months so decided now was a good time :blink:

tools required:

14mm socket and rachet / spanner

oil filter chain (if required)

tray of some kind

funnel

make sure the engine is cool enough to work on dont wana be burning your self

so to begin remove the oil cap and dipstick from the top this will prevent an airlock effect n let the oil run out smoothly :D

removeoilcap.jpg

next if you got ramps use them lol, if not jack the car up on the drivers side, using the correct jacking point and then put a tripod or similar (wheel basically if i slips off the jack it wont kill you!)

next get under the car n get your 14mm spanner or socket n undo the sump plug it should only need hanlf a turn then undo with you fingers with a tray underneath ready!

hold on to the sump plug you dont wana have to be fishing it outta the oil lol

sumpplugremoved.jpg

clean it up n then inspect the sump plug while the oil is draining away, check it aint been crossed threaded in the past, the washer is in good order etc

checksumpplug.jpg

refit the sump plug then making sure it aint cross threaded, take it up hand tight then tighten with the socket.

next move the tray below the oil filter, remove the oil filter with either the strap or your hands which ever you can do lol, im reusing my filter as i only changed it 5 months ago but i gave it a quick check over just in case :D

removeoilfilter.jpg

apply a film of oil to the seal in the filter then refit hand tightened.

applyfilmtosealoffilter.jpg

measure out 2.8 litres of oil, put the funnel wedged into the engine pour away

replace dipstick and oil cap

start engine and relax :lol:

any questions or problems dont hesitate to pm me

peace out ian :D