How Much And Where?

Hello.

I am looking at getting a starlet which is in need of a new engine, or bottom end at least. What would I expect to pay for either? It doesn't neceasarily need to be the full thing. Could be bare, full etc but would like an idea of prices.

Also, where is the best place to get them?

Thanks

aye, turn it over, make sure it turns, buying a used engine is always taking a chance, hence why even tho they only cost £500, a caar with an engine missing, cost atleast a grand less than if it had one fitted.

can i ask why your looking at buying one without an engine? did the rallye sell?

Still got the rallye jamie...

It's one I was interested when I first started looking for a Starlet, but the big end bearings went. He fixed them but it fucked again, so I guess the crank case is a no go.

I was going to buy it and forge, but decided I might buy it and put another engine in.

I can get it for £2400 cheaper than it was up for originally and I have the money there too.

so with a fucked engine, the fella still wants £2400 for it? is it the one the guy was fucking around with the price on?

for £2400 you could get yerself a nice wee motor, and put yer money into good mods. that you want.

do you need the rallye to sell before you buy?

He's took 2400 off for me

It has wheels, coil overs, ajustable top mounts, strut braces, boost guages, avc-r, fmic etc

There is a lot for the money.

EDIT: forgot, port and polished head, uprated garrett t3 turbo (just had recon) and kaaz lsd gear box (new)

well, there are plenty others to look at, but to be honest, buying a car needing an engine, imho means you will need to have a grand in your pocket to get an engine, bearing in mind, whatever engine you buy, needs a full service, belts the lot before you fit it. and your still taking the risk by relying on someones word about a 2nd hand engine.

Yeh.

He isn't sure. I know it has no mangement, so could be the reason. Possible too much power, not sure!

He has had it for a year though, so I would guess if I put another engine in, I will be fine...

Sam offered me one for £400, so will look into that too, if i decide to get it.