when i first got the car very low revs going to get up to normal driving speed was chu chu chu, spitting just struggling to go anywhere. this i believe is now cured as it does not do it anymore. new sparks and sprayed some cleaner shit inside where they sit.

however..

driving normally increasing speed in an ordinary fashion the car drives fine, but if its in 3rd or 4th and i deck the accelerator right to the floor, when it reaches 3-4k it does what it was doing before.. i have ordered some magnecor ignition leads do you think this will resolve it..? only seems to do it when the pedal is right down.

if some one can shed some light on the situation it would be very much appreciated.. otherwise its of to get a diagnostics.

am going to get some new oil and filter soon as well, but wouldn't of thought that would have anything to do with it.

thank fuck for that then! :p the bloke i got it from sed he jet hosed it and moisture must have got in the sparks. did the sparks n fort i had sorted it. but doing it higher revs in hi boost. the sparks were shagged anyway. but jus gotta wait for monster motorsport to deliver the leads now. should be tomoz. Get the oil and filter changed as it was sat for a while. should be well away! :p

Let me know if the leads cure the problem please matey :p

will do buddy because i will wana know what else to try..u having same problems then? only seems to do it in high boost and doesnt do it all the time, dont think so anyway. turbo ent smoking and kicks in at 2.5k can feel it pull really well barley accelerating so cant be turbo..

Yep that is "Exactly" what mine was doing when i first picked it up, although it has sorted its self out, but i do get the occasional slight stutter still when i fully floor it.

Changed my spark plugs and although it does run better i still get the stutter. I'll let you know if i sus it out :p

Cheers Luke

I've also got this problems seems to only do it on mine between 3000-4000 revs then is ok and it only does is in high boost. just ordered new plugs so will let yah kno if it makes any differance wen I've changed them

haha seems theres a few of us then! well mine was sat around for 2months at least i believe and the dealer sed the bays got jet hosed so figures are crossed. the car has only done 66,000km.

and yeh seems to do it under heavy load.

well although i.ve said leads. That wasn't my only trouble. Started hesitatin at 4k at .8. Checked leads n plugs. Cleaned plugs n was fine. Boost to .9 n it started again. Changed leads, plugs were fine. Sorted it. Boost to a bar. Did it again. Changed dizzy n rotor arm. Was fine. Boost to 1.1 is fine. Boost to 1.2 clutch slips. So rollin at a bar till new clutch. Safe

Yep that is "Exactly" what mine was doing when i first picked it up, although it has sorted its self out, but i do get the occasional slight stutter still when i fully floor it.

Changed my spark plugs and although it does run better i still get the stutter. I'll let you know if i sus it out :thumbsup:

Cheers Luke

had any luck with yours yet luke? mine seems to be running better in time, although a couple of my mates sed the brakes were fucking sparking so thats on the to do list asap! lol

my leads are coming tomorow and a mate who works at all parts has got me a dizzycap and rotor arm coming tomoz aswell so shall do them all when they come, will let you know how she goes then.

Changed my spark plugs and although it does run better i still get the stutter. I'll let you know if i sus it out :thumbsup:

Cheers Luke

had any luck with yours yet luke? mine seems to be running better in time, although a couple of my mates sed the brakes were fucking sparking so thats on the to do list asap! lol

my leads are coming tomorow and a mate who works at all parts has got me a dizzycap and rotor arm coming tomoz aswell so shall do them all when they come, will let you know how she goes then.

Haven't changed anything yet mate, it's sorted its self out really, but it really doesn't like going around slow corners in 2nd gear. Sort of like a slight miss fire. . .

I do eventually plan on changing my leads, but next on my list is an alarm :thumbsup:

by the way how much were your leads? Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Luke!

Haven't changed anything yet mate, it's sorted its self out really, but it really doesn't like going around slow corners in 2nd gear. Sort of like a slight miss fire. . .

I do eventually plan on changing my leads, but next on my list is an alarm :thumbsup:

by the way how much were your leads? Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Luke!

about £85 from monster motorsport mate. i really want mine sorted. desperate to override the boost solenoid lol :lol: ent gonna do it till its running perfect.

changed leads, sparks and rotor arm, still need to do distributer cap (coming sat). doesn't miss fire any more but lows revs about 2-3k normally, under normal acceleration it seems to stutter abit not very strong and nothing like a misfire but i can notice it, might even be me being fussy.

any ideas what this could be..do you think it is the dizzy cap? i have also cleaned air filter. cheers.

i put new plugs in mine and nicked some of my mates leads and it still does it so im gonna order a new dizzy hopfully tht mite sort it out checked the dizzy like slight corrosion on the arm and pins so im just hoping it tht

• 3 weeks later...
orite just wondering if any solved this problem out ???

yeh they did in the end. go to toyota and get a dizzy cap for about £22 i paid. and i got a rotor arm from allparts for about £10. The metal tip was all brown n corroded. runs nicely now.

hope it helps buddy. Philpott