Thanks for the info mate.

I'll try a slight different setup as the CBR ITB's are a little more complex (as they come from a newer bike), plus I'll use it together with a Power FC that I already have and I'm planning to install.

I'll get my mechanic to do all the "dirty" job of course, but its good to collect in order to surpass any problems that may arise. :p

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehehe the "ghetto filters" were ok for a temporary solution but now they are really shorted.

By the way I noticed in one video that the hoses are "sucked in" when you rev. Are they silicone ones or plain rubber?

PS Offtopic but why I'm not a Paseo Pimp member ? :lol:

notify galliano i'm sure he'll amend the descrepancy on your profile.

yeah they are kinda being sucked in and they are indeed silicone, it's just they are very long and trying to take out the angles from the standard mani (it really was a cut and shut jobby) proper mani is in the work, either with short joiners or no joiners at all!

• 2 weeks later...

God knows how much it is to post, but would prefer pickup on the Bumper mate, its a large item unless you want to arrange for a courier to pick up. If you do Il wrap it and put the cooling panel in with it.

i love your car so so much youve done alll the things i want to do with my ep mate.

my six speed is going in in a few weeks gbrs just bought a gearbox puller so we can convert the housings as its off a g6r

qudos to you,

one of the most inspirational cars on this forum i think

If you could give me money in advance I could pick one up this week from the breakers for you? And then you can collect in October and pay for the rear bumper and cooling panel then or something?

Would deliver but its a bit far to be fair.. Could get a little meet going or something with some Starlets and Paseos.

If you could give me money in advance I could pick one up this week from the breakers for you? And then you can collect in October and pay for the rear bumper and cooling panel then or something?

Would deliver but its a bit far to be fair. Could get a little meet going or something with some Starlets and Paseos.

thanks for the offer, Galliano but i'm getting a custom one made up, with extra long runers, tuned for the ITBs.

there is a starlet /paseo meet going on in hampshire area on the 19th

• 3 weeks later...

well this past week i've sorted out something that has been bugging me since the 6 speed bos went in. if i used the paseo gear linkage brakcet i could select all 6 fwd gears and 80% time select reverse if i tried hard enough. if i used th corolla's linkage i could select reverse very easily and the first 5 fwd gears, no 6th. so i trimmed 15mm of the corolla linkage and then weld it back together, this made it 10mm longer than the paseo linkage and exactly long enough to easily select all the gears, as if it were standard fit. plus the gear knob sits in a more natural position now, tilted ever so slightly towards the driver,

DSC05703.jpg

DSC05702.jpg

i did not know that was your plan also, it just removed it from my corolla as that is having a rear subframe from a gt4 fitted (i'm in the process of finishing it's 3S-GTE 4WD conversion) and thought well, it's a perfectly good IRS setup, why waste it and i know that is the weak point of the starlet platform. so i thought i'd just throw it on there.