How 2: Mesh Your Front Bumper

right firstly take the bumper off the car obviously, two screws at either end of the bumper attacthing to the wing and the bolts at front of bumper for those who dont know, i layed it on towels because dont want it getting scratched and molested by the horrible floor!!!

parts you need:

mesh - can buy it from halfords about 17 squid

number plate screws - white ones also available from halfords

spray paint- i sprayed mine black but this is purely down to personal preference

cable ties - id say about 8 cant remember how many i used

drill

firstly lay the mesh on the bumper and line it up along the bottom so theres only a wee bit left surrounding the bottom edge of the part your going to cover and line it up where the holes on the front on the bumper but just above them and mark inbetween the mesh so you know that the screw will fit through. onceyou have lined that up take your drill and drill the hole but be carefull and dont got full wack as its only plastic and you dont wana savage the bumper. once you've done both sides you can then lay the mesh back on the bumper and attach it on with the white number plate screws with the white bit on the painted side.

04112006281.jpg

then you can then cable tie the bottom of the mesh in the middle to the middle of the bumper like so

04112006282.jpg

once thats done you get an overall look and then you can then if you wish cable tie the mesh to the angled piece of that bumper that sits next to the number plate screws you dont need to do this but its only to stop it flapping around and just another way of holding it on.

04112006283.jpg

that is how the bumper should look, now you'll need to line the bumper up with i what i thinks the slam panel correct me if im wrong, as you will need to cut the mesh to fit around this. with the remainder of the mesh this is more than enough to finish off the top part of your are going to it liek i have, i havent got any pictures of this bit as it was getting cold and hand movements became limited but il try my best to explain.

as you can see from the last picture there is a gap around the whole top bit of which you can actually bend the mesh to fit in, but the space is limited so you cant bend all of it and stick it in you will only need to do enough so you can bend it to a right angle and slot it in the bottom bit, but the top bit there is plastic in the way so you have to take a few links out of the mesh so that it will slot it and again there is limited space as to how much you can stick in, once top and bottom are bent to a right angle it may take a slight bit of persuasion to get it in but once its in its a tight fit but as a precaution i cabled tied it in from the bottom of the mesh to the bit that runs just underneath that. i havent got any pics of the bumper back on as it was dark il try take one tomorrow. i hope this helps and if any one has any questions just ask il try my best to help out, also my english and my grammar are as good as a goose with a dildo so i apologise as im a fuck wit haha, and sorry at the lack of pictures also but im always on here at some point so just ask.

p.s. not in anyway shape or form am i insisting you go to halfords to purchase your goods lol its only because where i know you can buy those bits and im not trying to get them business either lol i cant think of the word i want to say because my minds gone dead so if any one could help out with that much appreciated

finished job piccies

over all view from the front

12112006293.jpg

then you can see where the number plate bolt is and it you look the the pic before you dont even notice that they are there unless your're being maticolous and doing it on purpose :)

12112006292.jpg

and the last pic of the top meshing

12112006291.jpg

the bonnet was in the process of being polished thats why it looks dull, tell me what you thin of it overall, rich came round yesterday and saw it and he really liked it so let me know. the top pics abit poor because im only using my phone so thats the best pic i could get im afraid