What A Bastard Water Pumps Are!

set to tonight knowing it was going to be an arse, and the worst part is it failed on the way to the mot spot last sat, was well looking forward to driving it its been off the road for over a year now!

so, so far tonight ive taken all the parts around the water pump off, ie resovoirs, belts, cam belt cover, ect, and started on the engine mount but started getting awkard and no matter how many brews i drank and fags i smoked i was still getting annoyed with it so thort it was best to leave it, calm down and carry on in the morning!

hopefully il get it sorted tomorrow moring, get it motd, taxed and insured and take it up the the drag day at kirkbride, i can fell and earl srat coming on!

I feel your pain!!! on my first gt i changed mines, first attempt I got so annoyed and left it for about two weeks!! then second try i ended up snapping the cam belt cover! :( It eventually got finished tho :lol:

Found it slot easier to go from under the car and found that with the aircon still on it's fecking hard to change the oil filter unless you remove the power steering pump.

its to much of an arse for me!!lol ended up putting it back together and il just have to take it to a garage and let them struggle with it. ive got alot of tools and thers noway any of them can get to the bottom bolts that hold the engine mount on as the wheel of the water pump is in the way but egine mount is in the way of the water pump bolts.lol. so its a garage bill for me!

yea be reet, ive never given up on doing summert on a car before but i just dont seem to have the umf to do this, so painted all the bits i took off before they go back on so it wernt a total waste of time!

take off the engine mount near it aswell mate, and rest the engine on a jack, it will be so much easier for you

Just seen the above.

do it yourself mate, undo the cambelt side engine mount and the rear gearbox mount, jack the engine up slightly so you can get to the engine mount bracket bolts, then lower the jack and keep the engine on it for now.

Simply take off and re-place the pump, job done.

take off the engine mount near it aswell mate, and rest the engine on a jack, it will be so much easier for you

Just seen the above.

do it yourself mate, undo the cambelt side engine mount and the rear gearbox mount, jack the engine up slightly so you can get to the engine mount bracket bolts, then lower the jack and keep the engine on it for now.

Simply take off and re-place the pump, job done.

havent put it back together yet because i painted aload of bits so left them to dry so il give it another go tomorrow, cars dont normaly cause me any problems but trying to get this back on the road is turning into an epic so think im begining to loose the plot with it abit.lol

well finally got it all of but there are a few scuffs in my cambelt so ordering a new kit and will put that on, so have to wait for that to be delivered till i can put it all back together and see if its fixed. but my bottom pulley was on realy bloody tight and when trying to get it of ive knocked i few bits of the edging off, will this effect the bacance of it or will it still be ok to use? also if i do need a new one where will i get one from?

nah it will be fine mate, mines got quite a few bits chipped off it

thats alright then because so has mine now,lol. just ordered, cambelt kit, powersteering + alternator belt, and for good measure while its in bits a new oil pump then everything is sorted and i shouldnt have to change anything in that area again!haha