need some help. when i put my foot down car seems to rev ok until it hits bout 2800-3000rpm then it starts to stutter and lose power and then it hits bout 4500 rpm and starts pullin fine. boost pipes seem fine. duno if its a fueling problem. can anyone help?

Guest cheshireglanza
need some help. when i put my foot down car seems to rev ok until it hits bout 2800-3000rpm then it starts to stutter and lose power and then it hits bout 4500 rpm and starts pullin fine. boost pipes seem fine. duno if its a fueling problem. can anyone help?

fuel cut maybe

what mods do you have

fuel cut maybe

what mods do you have

i got a fuel cut defender fitted. its runnin 0.8 bar. ive got it decatted wi a full stainless steel exhaust. ive got a hks actuator. its got an air filter n ive fitted a fuel pressure regulator.

Why would it be fuel cut?

He gets past the stutter and its fine.

I would say its a misfire of some sort. Try checking your plugs and leads mate

ive checked the plugs and cleaned em. they were ok n one of the leads had a rip on top so i changed it. i fink its had some water get into it.

Most of the electrical parts can cause the misfire, leads, dizzy, rotor arm, ciol pack etc

Cleaning the plugs, i say wouldnt do much tbh. Try spraying some WD40 around, will expel any moisture.

Does it happen all the time? Underload?

Check the gaps in the plugs. Check for any cracks in the dizzy cap.

Most of the electrical parts can cause the misfire, leads, dizzy, rotor arm, ciol pack etc

Cleaning the plugs, i say wouldnt do much tbh. Try spraying some WD40 around, will expel any moisture.

Does it happen all the time? Underload?

Check the gaps in the plugs. Check for any cracks in the dizzy cap.

yeh i will check em n c if they r ok n c wot happens. thanks

I've also got this problem but only on high boost I've changed the plugs and dizzy and also tried some leads and the coil off me mates gt. i am completely stuck now i havent a clue wa is wrong with it and its starting to get on me nerves :) and one got any other ideas wa it cud be ??

I've also got this problem but only on high boost I've changed the plugs and dizzy and also tried some leads and the coil off me mates gt. i am completely stuck now i havent a clue wa is wrong with it and its starting to get on me nerves :) and one got any other ideas wa it cud be ??

Any mods? you could be hitting fuel cut.

mine used to do it on high boost..only under full throttle in 3rd and 4th mainly.. changed leads plugs. check your rotor arm and distrubuter cap aswell.. my arm was all green and correded.

try your map sensor ive had that play games wid me before

could be a number of things fella try a new earth lead to the batery from engine around 6mm. these cars are getting on a bit now and things will decay. but do check your plugs as i have seen lots of fouled plugs on these wat fuel presure u runnig. and wat fuel cut thing you got.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried everything anyone know were i can get a map sensor from thts the only thing I've got left to try now i had a slight boost leak on the hot pipe but I've sorted tht out now so it has to be the map sensor i hope so haha

and i dont think its fuel cut because after i get past about 4500 revs its seems to start boosting the mods are decat and full exhaust and a rx7 intercooler and thts about it really

cheers

^^Did you get your Glanza for (washington newcastle???) if so that car has had a missfire since it got imported lass year the guy who owned it befor you tryed everything he could to try and get rid of that missfire but he couldnt he change everything leads,plugs.dizzy.the lot and he never stoped it....Did he tell you it had this missfire befor you bought it?

Like you say it could be the map sensor so give that ago dont spent anymore money on leads, plugs, ect you are wasting your time and money everything on that car ignition wise is new...

^^Did you get your Glanza for (washington newcastle???) if so that car has had a missfire since it got imported lass year the guy who owned it befor you tryed everything he could to try and get rid of that missfire but he couldnt he change everything leads,plugs.dizzy.the lot and he never stoped it....Did he tell you it had this missfire befor you bought it?

Like you say it could be the map sensor so give that ago dont spent anymore money on leads, plugs, ect you are wasting your time and money everything on that car ignition wise is new...

aye mate thts who i got it off and no he didnt say nothen about it either sed there was nothen wrong with the car at all i didnt even feel it on the test drive. all seemed fine until i was driving it home... looks like he has had me dont it. im not now i kno its not the igniton its some it else either a sensor or fueling. yah kno the standard boost gauge with the lights has tht got any thing to do with a sensor because its not working but wen its runnin lumpy and misfiring the first light seems to flash.

ps micky boy were u at t-park the other wednesday nite i seen a silver glanza there and was wondering if it was urs

cheers

dan

aye mate thts who i got it off and no he didnt say nothen about it either sed there was nothen wrong with the car at all i didnt even feel it on the test drive. all seemed fine until i was driving it home... looks like he has had me dont it. im not now i kno its not the igniton its some it else either a sensor or fueling. yah kno the standard boost gauge with the lights has tht got any thing to do with a sensor because its not working but wen its runnin lumpy and misfiring the first light seems to flash.

ps micky boy were u at t-park the other wednesday nite i seen a silver glanza there and was wondering if it was urs

cheers

dan

Hello Dan

Im very surprised that he sold it to you without telling you about the miss-fire!!!He seemed to be a nice guy i have met him a few times at Tpark.At the end of the day he could of saved you alot of time and money if he told you there was a miss-fire...He's a member on here aswell!!!

And yeah mate it would of been me im there every week lol

Hope you get it sorted out mate if you need any help with anything send me a PM and i will try my best to help B)

Hello Dan

Im very surprised that he sold it to you without telling you about the miss-fire!!!He seemed to be a nice guy i have met him a few times at Tpark.At the end of the day he could of saved you alot of time and money if he told you there was a miss-fire...He's a member on here aswell!!!

And yeah mate it would of been me im there every week lol

Hope you get it sorted out mate if you need any help with anything send me a PM and i will try my best to help :)

i thort he was a genuine bloke like pissed me off abit tht he didnt tell me like but ahh well its happend now just need to get it sorted i kno its some it daft its just findin owt wa it is ;) aye i go al the time like never really go in the glanza like. cheers mate i will do if i need anything

cheers dan