after todays rolling road i got told my spark plug gap may be the problem why i cant boost properly ive got a feeler gauge so i will measuer the distance but problem is after searching on here i cant find the answer - how far should the gap be ?

• 9 months later...

I know this is an old post but i have the same problem, my car is now misfiring badly since i have cranked the boost up from 0.6bar to 1bar on the TD04. It only misfires on boost.

Did you manage to fix this, was it the spark plug gap?

I did mine a few weeks ago, I'm pretty sure it was 0.8 or 0.9.

Air as it is is an insulator so the more you have in your cylinders the more resistance it creates, it could be the gap but more likely the leads ahave started to break down or dizzy and rota cap needs replacing, check king lead for rubbing on intercooler pipe.

Just gapped the plugs to the toyota specs of 0.8mm and it now works a treat :), they were more like 1.2mm! which i think is the standard spec out of the factory :(

Problem solved!

^ i agree with nomez, i run 0.6 on all my cars and the customers car and dont have any problem with the spark getting blown out :)