if anyone could give me some advice and point me in the right direction it would be greatly appretiated.

i bought a gt yesterday that needs some work done to it.

its only running on 3 cylinders intill around 3500 rmp.

also it doesnt idle, you have to keep your foot fethered on the throttle to ensure it doesnt stall.

last night after a 2 hour drive back home it was idleing (probly becasue it was warm), however it would go up to about 1k ( about normal ) and then die down and the rev counter would litrally read zero and it would then pick back up to around 1k again.

the kiddy i bought it of said that its had a new dizzy and rotor arm, and the ht leads have been replaced for magnacore onse verry resently.

i havnt personly driven it as im not insured to do so but my dad drove it back, there were points were i got the feeling my n/a was pulling away from him but i cant be sure as i dont know how my dad was driving ( :

any advice or help is greatly appretiated,

cheers luke

check the ignition system....

spark plugs, dizzy and rotor arm, maybe the leads? wud be my first port of call..

chances are your misfire is causing the same problem with the idle! so fix the miss fix the idle...

Let us now how u get on!

All parts of the ignition system checked. all leads and plugs are sparking and spark plug gap ok. the electrode looks pretty pathetic so im gunna get some new plugs.

the car is now running on all 4, but still not running right,

shooting out black soot from the exauhst and the distinct smell of petrol.

car idles at about 1k then drops to ~400. if you rev it more than 2k then on the way back down the rev range it stalls. pulls ok ish but hits a wall at 70 / 80. im deffo possitive my N/A is out performing the gt at the mo.

so, its running rich. but dont know what it could be, injectors? management?

anyone got any ideas i can try?

kind regards luke.

doubt it has a fuel pressure regulator, its a bit of a mess to be fair.

its got a acouple uprated parts.

yea there is a difference in the higher rev range, but at around 4k in 5th it doesnt really pull ( really struggles to get past 80 ). ???

ill start with replacing the lambada sensor

by the way Thanks for the help socks :)