Panhard Rod And Poly Bushes

well i spent yesterday trying to correst the suspension geometry problem i created when i'd lowered my 'Seo 57mm at the front and 50mm at the rear onto the tein spreings. to do it i needed this:

morningpressie.jpg

then started on removing this thing old thing:

stockpanhard.jpg

greased and lubed this bearing after placing the whiteline official washer on it:

panhardwasher.jpg

and then, with some light persuasion from a hammer, attached the whiteline rod:

whitelinepanhard.jpg

also swapped the old ARB bushes for some poly ones:

bushcompare.jpg

the drop link bush (the wishbone part of the drop link has also been poly bushed):

arbmount.jpg

and ARB bush:

arbbush.jpg

i'#m off to see what difference this makes to the handling, will let you know my findings later.

on a side note i have recently come into possesion of a standard EL54 Panhard Rod if anyone is looking for one :)

okay so, i had no idea that little bit of plastic could make such a difference. i cannot recommend enough poly bushing the ARB it's ridiculous how much flatter it handles now, it shouldn't make that much difference but it did. as to the panhard rod, it's stopped the 'seo from being a bit skittish over motorway bumps, however i need my tracking done to take into account the new wheel alignment. definately going to save up for a rear ARB.

Brilliant write up dude, thanks a lot! B)

I've been looking at getting some poly ARB links for the front, sounds like it's well worth doing!

Have you got links for the all the bushes needed to do the front ARB? Is there 8 of the little round ones and 2 arch shaped ones? I think it's the same for both Paseo's and EPs?

I'd definitely recommend getting a Rear ARB and Anti-Lift Kit! They made tremendous improvements to the handling! Check out Balance Motorsport, that's the cheapest place I found that sells them both.

yeah it's 8 little round ones and 2 arb ones for the paseo and most ep91, however some of the very late ep91 had a differet drop link which bolted to the bar and had only 4 little round ones actually on the wishbone, worth a check.

Also worth nothing is because of the age of the links i've damaged the top nuts/thread bar and had to order new ones, the cheapest place for them is fensport, to brand new ones (blue print) for £20 delivered. They come with fresh rubber bushes so i guess it never hurts to have spares.

i which check balance motorsprt, cheers

yeah it's 8 little round ones and 2 arb ones for the paseo and most ep91, however some of the very late ep91 had a differet drop link which bolted to the bar and had only 4 little round ones actually on the wishbone, worth a check.

Also worth nothing is because of the age of the links i've damaged the top nuts/thread bar and had to order new ones, the cheapest place for them is fensport, to brand new ones (blue print) for £20 delivered. They come with fresh rubber bushes so i guess it never hurts to have spares.

i which check balance motorsprt, cheers

Regarding the swaybar end links, We have a company in the States called energy suspension that makes polyurethane bushings and the bolt as well. I needed it as the oem bolt snapped in my hand as I was changing it. If you are interested, the part number is enrgy-suspension part# 9.8122 It comes as a kit with the 8 bushings 8 washers 2 sleeves 2 lock nuts and 2 bolts. Just as another option www.energysuspension.com/ .

• 2 months later...