Best Place To Buy A Laptop

Will be needing a decent laptop for uni in September can someone point me in the right direction? :lol:

Will be spending between £400-600, what sort of specs would I be looking at and would you recommend buying off the net or somewhere like PC World etc?

Cheers Lewis

Lewis, not sure whether it must be brand new or not, but as always, ebay is your friend.

Last May I picked up a tiny Sony Vaio from ebay local collection (5mins from my house) - it was a total minter with decent 1gb ram big harddrive etc. If I had gone to the shops and payed the £375 - I would have got a total shit laptop. Second hand good spec is always better than brand new low spec at the same price

i just brought a dell laptop vostro 3300... 3gb memory i5 cpu, 320gb. really fast like. £600. i swear by dell but other may not and its very light to carry around. 13" screen aswell

i bought mine in a sale at commet,

15.6" HD screen

4 GB RAM

500GB hard drive

Cost me £400 but because i like to drop mine and throw coke over it (what happened to my old laptops) i decied to buy a 3 year warrenty thing, for £100

So all in £500 dollar

i bought mine in a sale at commet,

15.6" HD screen

4 GB RAM

500GB hard drive

Cost me £400 but because i like to drop mine and throw coke over it (what happened to my old laptops) i decied to buy a 3 year warrenty thing, for £100

So all in £500 dollar

Sounds exactly what I want!

See I have been told to stay away from Curry's and Dell so dont know what to do atm :lol:

well, i have a currys, staples, pc world and commet right near me,

staples/pc world is sickly expencive and has jack shit in the way of reasonalbe priced laptops, for a spec like mine the wanted around £800

currys have a good range of products and the people are very good sales men and have ok prices

and same with commet.

i'd go either commet or currys

Edited

Always been advised to go for ASUS laptops for quality/durability/warranty

http://www.asuslaptop.co.uk/

Im rocking a acer atm absolutley hammer it stays on for hours on end only problem ive had is the motherboard went coo coo when there was a powercut at uni. It normally stays on in 12-17hr cycles :lol: will be buying a asus when this one goes belly up.

My Laptop is a Packard Bell and to be honest its pretty awesome, know nothing about the spec really but its really easy to use and has lasted a fair while.

I had a Sony Vaio before and it lasted a couple of months before the motherboard went and Sony wouldnt fix it under the warranty scheme :) would stay clear of Vaios.

allways comet, the cheapest place,

PCworld have high prices and say you are paying for expertise and they are knowledgless tits to be fair

mine is a hp g60

bought mine with vista (big mistake)

but big spec 3gb ram

250gb hdd

15.6 hd widescreen

webcam

etc etc

and it was only £399.99

buy windows 7