Changing Clutch Release Bearing

basically my clutch release bearing is rattling its tits off so im going to get on with it and change it.

my question is, what will i need? obviously the bearing, new gearbox oil.

should i get new gearbox seals? as with a small pinch they can fail.

but mainly, while the gearbox is off the engine I will have better access to the cambelt side of the engine, would now be a good time to change oil and water pump? anything else??

cheers

its mainly up to yoy that really mate if u feel like it needs doin then do it its not really a necessity but just keep an eye on ya clutch release bearing fork its very rare that they go but u neva kno gst check for wear n tear other than that you should b fine oh n try not to cross thread any gear box bolts when your puttin it back on i nearly did that nightmare lol

dale.

ok ile have a look for that, can they be bought from toyota or somewhere if it is knackered?

main reason I say is im strong on servicing the car as its done alot of miles, like 130'000, and to my knowledge, the water and oil pump have never been changed, just about everything else has, cambelt obvs, head gasket, etc etc

if i had the box off, and i was ever chasing any sort of power, i would have a clutch ready to go in, you never know what you will find in there, i would also give inside the casing a good clean, as they get alot of clutch dust in them.

but sayin that, its only an hour to have the box of, so if you have anything unwanted, its quick and easy enough to take it off again.

i cant see how youd have better acess to the cambelt when the box is on the other side of the engine!

With the release bearing tho, if you didnt want to you dont have to change the seals or the gearbox oil... however like mentioned give the inside of the bellhousing a good clean

i cant see how youd have better acess to the cambelt when the box is on the other side of the engine!

With the release bearing tho, if you didnt want to you dont have to change the seals or the gearbox oil... however like mentioned give the inside of the bellhousing a good clean

ahh well my good man theres 3 engine mounts, 2 of them are on the gearbox, so when the gearbox is off, the engine is hanging on one mount, smash a jack under there to lift it up and you create an angle, making clearence between the chassis and the engine

Lol yea I know how many engine mounts there are :lol: but yea suppose there is different ways of going about it!

Don't you have to take the engine side mount off aswell to get the belt off? <_<

why would i wanna take the belt off?

been looking into it, and I think that the reason you usually need to remove that engine mount to change it is purely for clearence, however, ive never done it before, but i think by jacking the engine up on that one mount will create some clearance from below, enabling me to change the pump. Im not sure though really, Ile have a look when im down there, I dont think im gna bother anyways, just gonna change box oil and bearing and maybe the seals