Getting a clicking noise when turning, and has been getting worse, even happening in a straight line only alot quieter....

I just presumed it was the cv joint...

So had a proper look today, and the noise was coming from the gearbox side and the shaft didnt look like it was spinning in a circle kinda like it was twisted???

so I stared to take it off got the hub side out and the shaft slid out from the inner joint so that i could see the 3 bearings(knuckle bit)

Is this supposed to happen?

The cv joint is a little stiff, but not alot of play , all boots where fine and all the grease was there!

Im stumped to what to get to fix it!?? Im a virgin to driveshafts as you can probably tell

Please help <_< ta

well yeh theres nothign apart from the cv boot and the hub that holds it inside the cup bit in the box. was the cv boot burst that it just came of or something . noise sounds like cv joint as mine does the same. not as bad as you think tho a new cv joint isnt expensive but id wait for a better opinion first <_<

well yeh theres nothign apart from the cv boot and the hub that holds it inside the cup bit in the box. was the cv boot burst that it just came of or something . noise sounds like cv joint as mine does the same. not as bad as you think tho a new cv joint isnt expensive but id wait for a better opinion first <_<

Cheers man but why would the shaft look dodgy? could a busted cv cause this??

em only thing i can think is if the inner cv was busted that maybe one of the bearing had collapsed or something. overlooked the bit where u said it looked dodgy

dunno about the inner joint , the three bearings seem alright, they all slide up and down there own wee shafts and spin free enough? lol

Could it be that the actually shaft is bent?? I think it may have had a bump on the frnt passenger side before( like its possibly hit a kerb)? but then would a bent shaft cause a clicking noise??? <_<

sounds like ther doing what they should. yeh bent shaft isnt a good thing. id say if its obviosuly bent its worth replacing anyway. nothing worse than an annoying noise.

only slightly oddly spinning, but its hard to tell if its bent or not??? :lol: when its off it just looks like a normal shaft no signs of it being bent

it just makes my car sound crappy, thats whats most annoying lol <_<

was it still makin the noise if ya just spin the wheel by hand aswell.

couldn't get much of a spin cause the brakes where pumped on a bit, had it on axles stands in gear lol with the car running so I could pin point where the noise was coming from

It seemed the more stress it was under the louder it would get :S

hmm confusing one . would have been simple if it was just coming from the outer joint. hope ya get it sorted

Yup, my wallet was ready for ordering the outer 2nyt once i'd check which splines I had lol

Cheers for your help bud, ive put up a wanted thread so i'll see if i get anything back <_<

Incase anyone has this problem in future

Got a used driveshaft and cv joint of bucket, so its all sorted now :p

Took my old cv apart and it was cracked inside and very worn, plus I think the shaft was slightly bent, but it was hard to tell lol