Boosting Problem On My Ep91

Hi all. My Glanza has been off the road for many months as I had to do a gearbox replacement, So just finished it today and took out for a test drive..

Gearbox all good :rolleyes: But turbo doesnt seem to be boosting to the .7 - .8 bar it did before, its boosting to around .2 - .3 bar...

, its a CT9, only mods I've done is shortened to air filter to the turbo with a 90 degree samco look-a-like pipe, bailey crappy dump valve and thats it...

I did have the dump valve off as I wanted to experience the sound of chatter but when I noticed it wasnt boosting I quickly put the dump valve back on but it still hasnt made any difference... Any help would be brill ;) Thanks

And heres a pic of my car now with blue rocker cover, blue strut brace and 55mm springs ;)

100_8307.jpg

Yeh would say it's possibly a boost leak, any leak and you'll get hardly any boost.

Ok, could it be the air filter not correctly fitted to the turbo its self? I've used a sort of jubaly clip but the sort you use mole grips to put it on with then realise for it to go tight... ? Thats the only thing which I've changed since I had it on the road last?

This is how its fitted...

100_8335.jpg

100_8329.jpg

Apart from this which I removed... What is it? And is it still meant to be attached?

100_8327.jpg

Well people, still wont boost above .2 - .3 bar, My mate who deals with import tuning, skylines, supra ect doesnt understand why I have been running a recirculating valve and a dump valve when that how I bought it and all was fine then... All the pipes are on secure, the only difference as said is relocated the filter to the turbo, which meant loosing the recirculating valve... Is this a problem? I've been told to buy the standard filter from turbo and re-mount that how It was and see if thats the problem, with that recirculating valve back where It was as I bought??

Getting confused now, some good help would save the day... :wacko:

You don't need to run that recirc valve, either one or the other, if you remove the recirc one just block it off. I left mine on but it's disconnected.

I wouldn't of said it was a loose pipe on the air filter, as it would still be sucking in as much air as needed.

Also from looking at the picture, where the dump valve is attached try swapping that clip for a small jubilee clip those standard clips aren't the best.

Hope this helps.

You don't need to run that recirc valve, either one or the other, if you remove the recirc one just block it off. I left mine on but it's disconnected.

I wouldn't of said it was a loose pipe on the air filter, as it would still be sucking in as much air as needed.

Also from looking at the picture, where the dump valve is attached try swapping that clip for a small jubilee clip those standard clips aren't the best.

Hope this helps.

I wish it did help... But unfortunatly not, Ill have to take a pic of my engine bay or something, maybe a pipe doesnt look right...

Ill get a pic on shortly..

i reckon its 100% a boost leak check all your intercooler pipes as well. Spray a bit of water onto the vacuum pipes and looks for leaks.

I will be around bude tomorrow if you want me to check over it?

i reckon its 100% a boost leak check all your intercooler pipes as well. Spray a bit of water onto the vacuum pipes and looks for leaks.

I will be around bude tomorrow if you want me to check over it?

I will have another good check then, I dont live in Bude, its a 20 min drive in the Camelford direction :wacko: But if im around then yes ill give you a shout if still stuck, thanks!

Hope this helps.

All pipes have now been swapped to nice new blue ones, still no more boost :thumbsup:

All is fixed now, I just put the standard air filter to the turbo back on, pipes all back to the original place.. Boosting now higher than ever, more like .7 0 .8 bar :) Happy days! Time to buy a new fmic i recon :thumbsup: Thanks for everyones help!

Sam