fitted a new actuator yesterday, only problem is the turbos not kicking in til maybe 4500 5000 revs then its boosting to 12 psi.

another wee problem now is when its idleing revs will sit at 1k then few seconds later sounds like somthin clicks and they go up to 1.5k its not the fan kicking in as i thought at first as that causes the revs to fall slightly?

just wondering if anyone has any help or had a similar problem and any solutions??

car is standard other than cat back zaust and BOV and now hks actuator

Cheers Danny

is it a adjustable actuator?

i dont know your set up, but if uve decatted you may be getting huge boost creep so by setting the actuator to where you want the boost (12psi im guessing) then its actually too slack on the wastegate flap, so its letting exhaust gases through prematurely, resulting in late spool up.

thats a wild guess because like i said i dont know your setup. if thats your problem then only thing you can do is try and get rid of the boost creep by putting a restriction some where (intake or exhaust), also porting the wastegate may help. or do what i did and buy a aftermarket ecu and up boost which in turn will put more pressure on the wastegate flap when its closed.

Carl

is it a adjustable actuator?

i dont know your set up, but if uve decatted you may be getting huge boost creep so by setting the actuator to where you want the boost (12psi im guessing) then its actually too slack on the wastegate flap, so its letting exhaust gases through prematurely, resulting in late spool up.

thats a wild guess because like i said i dont know your setup. if thats your problem then only thing you can do is try and get rid of the boost creep by putting a restriction some where (intake or exhaust), also porting the wastegate may help. or do what i did and buy a aftermarket ecu and up boost which in turn will put more pressure on the wastegate flap when its closed.

Carl

yeah its adjustable, and i dont have a decat cars standard other than exhaust and BOV, would turning it down to maybe 10 solve this just with less boost?