Hey guys, my radiators basically crumbling to peices :D although its not going above the middle of the dial on the temp guage, im guessing it should still probably be replaced.

i see there not to expensive on ebay..

see here :D

Are they much effort to replace or is it worth getting it done properly... surely its just a couple bolts... hoses and fan swapover??

cheers

you could take the oppurtunity to upgrade to the popular civic rad. my rad was in the similar state, had about half of the actual fins left. but here's my current rad (the thick core civic one)

coldaircarbon.jpg

Fan stays bolted to the rad mate :D It is the two bolts on the brackets of the front bar, then two poppers/feet that just sit into the bottom, they lift right out. Pipes... pain in the ass. Easy to get off yeah, just the pee all over you whilst being removed.

Not sure where you live man, but I live in Taunton, Somerset if you were local-ish i'd come and fit it for you if you got a new one.

Sam

F Easy to get off yeah, just the pee all over you whilst being removed.

yeah, even when i'd completely drained all the coolant form the block and rad, when i removed the rad it still had enough left to soak my trousers :D

I don't mind getting my hands dirty, all good fun.

@steed how much a civic rad set you back mate? are they a straight swap? and if the fan doesn't come off are they the same connectors for the power?

@sam cheers for the offer mate but im in Portsmouth, bit of a mission from Taunton..., at uni so don't hate me any Southampton people haha,

off topic but ive seen probably 5 or 6 different paseos around pompey. greenish, red and white with blue stripes...

ah! i'm only over in so'ton. the swap wasn't a straight one but it wasn't hard. the rad set me back £20 from the breakers. i could lend a hand one evening or weekend if you like (provided work don't need me :D )

Get them here Ross :p Were constantly looking for new members, even the ladies!

(there are alot of middle aged women that drive these as its a small sporty jobbie without the costs... some of which know how rare the car is and would enjoy being part of our community - hopefully)

Best of luck with the fix man!

• 2 weeks later...