just got a boost leak and dont even know where to start to look for it,

it spools up fine boost gauge is reading normal doesn't dump anymore and there is a whistling noise(sounds like boost leak) coming from drivers side.

oh and now drives like a 1.3.

Wind your window up! That'll stop the whistle! B) I can't see how you have a boost leak if it's still reading normal on the gauge?Is the gauge the one on the instrument panel or aftermarket? But then you say it drives like a 1.3? Try all the hoses and pipes around the dump valve/turbo.Either that or the dump valve is knackered!

when me and my brother were looking at it,(i'm not a mechanic) i think there is a boost regulator on it which is connected to the turbo (obviously) but the jubilee clip that is connected to it is loose so it could be that hopin praying its that if not that then i will have to wait and see my brother scott whos a mechanic to look at it

cheers mate appreciated

boost leak sorted checked all the intercooler piping and was way loose and tightened a jubilee clip that was connected to a valve that was next to the standard bov eveything is now fine, so cheers to paul w for his input and thanks for everybody elses help. LOL