Resonator Box Removal

Read somewhere about this resonator box just next to the air-box, simply there to make the car run a little quieter when the throttle is wide open.

IMAG0108.jpg

Sorry, I didn't take a picture before removing it. It was simply attached with a clip, remove said clip and yank off the empty plastic box.

IMAG0109.jpg

Using an old breather filter I had lying about (these cost around £5) from my old 206 (urgh, bad times), packing it out with some bubble wrap and black tape and then fixing with a jubilee clip.

All done, gives your baby an extra whole to breathe through, and makes a little more noise :D

Just make sure none of your `packing` is sucked into the engine check it from time to time.....a point to note the LHD starlets dont have the resonator box as the master cylinder is underneath it....took mine off long ago tho ill take a pic of what used to block it lol

Just make sure none of your `packing` is sucked into the engine check it from time to time.....a point to note the LHD starlets dont have the resonator box as the master cylinder is underneath it....took mine off long ago tho ill take a pic of what used to block it lol

Yeh fair point, I put bubble wrap on and then wrapped tape around it so hopefully it will hold, but I have an eye on it.

If anyone does this let me know what you think to the sound difference.