Total n0ob to starlets...help me

Welcome to the club Tom :D

Most of your questions have been answered but on a previous post from Mikey he mentioned that Starlets only go up to R reg but they actually stopped making them in 1999 on a T plate :mellow:

Also 0-60 is a lil bit quiker (in my car anyway) I've got to 60 in 10 secs no sweat :D

the 1.3 civics are not even worth the extra money and are more on insurance so you are better off with the starly B)

Good luck with your choice anyway and congrats on passing your test :p

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on a previous post from Mikey he mentioned that Starlets only go up to R reg but they actually stopped making them in 1999 on a T plate :p

Also 0-60 is a lil bit quiker (in my car anyway) I've got to 60 in 10 secs no sweat :mellow:

I was close bout the registration thing :D

Is your car modded much in regards to performance though Sparky?

(was quoting Standard 0-62 times)

Usually standard times are more than what they are stated as i.e top speed is usally more than stated :mellow:

Mine is slightly modded but an iduction kit and exhaust systems not goin to make much difference but i expect wider wheels would aid it a bit.... but i still think standard is in the high ten seconds :p

I find them stonger than saxo's from personal experience... and no i didnt own a saxo... i crashed into one :mellow::D:p

The 1.4 civics are like group 8 insurance!!! my mate was going to have a minter of one B)

I was having the same dillema when was looking for a new car. Civic.s (sorry for swearing) are so common round me i wanted something different nippy and cheap to run if thats what your after then look no further you have found it!!!!! i had a an Xrpooooo befroe and this is way more fun.

wow, amazed at the reponse i got..

well i nearly bourght a starlet on sat, but some bugger got there moments before me! oh well. man you guys are goin on about group 4! try group 10 for a tigra or a 8 for a civic.

as soon as a 3dr n/a starlet comes avaliable in my area, its mine.

so if anyones seling in the kent (gravesham) area you have a buyer!

neway thanks for the response guys, hopefully i will become a proper member on he in a very short time. :)

Can't think of anything in particular, the n/a are pretty reliable machines, just do the usual check for wear and tear, rust, condition inside, tires, clutch etc.

Give it a test drive if you can.

Ok, I know I just stated the obvious but am trying to help, just not doing a good job of it :)

How much is the one you seen for by the way?

What kind of budget you got?

well, the one i planned to get was a bit over priced i felt at 2k. white one think it was a sportif?

this one i shall hopefully look at some time this week is a solida 1998. is up for about 14-500. feel thats a reasonable price.

i was wondering what offset the alloys/ wheels are on starlys. if i get one (hopefully) i want to slam it, get the enkeis (white, never sure of the name), get a new eggsause (ricer...lol), tints, and then lastly get a lip kit.

What kits are avaliable? something subtle

Also the 1.4 civic is not much better than the 1.3

that actualy depends on what model of 1.4 it is

sorry just read you last reply, the standard starlet ofset is 38-40,

with actual checks, just do the usual, check all the panel gaps for alighnment

overspray in the engine conpartment,

one thing is to get on your back and check the condition of hte rear dampers as they are prone to bursting, if they are burst just use that as a bargening tool to get some cash off

check for a mayo type residue on the oil cap, check all levels etc

its all plane sailing really, starlets are ultra reliable so