Whats Happening To My Little Starlet? :(

right i have no clue whats going on with my car this eveing

i fitted my fmic yesterday and didnt drive it untill 20mins ago and when driving it just wasnt boosting right was hitting about 0.8bar but no dumpvalve sound and very very quite chatter

i let it warm up then took it for a quick boot hitting bout 70mph tops and realised it wasnt boosting properly so headed home but got stuck at the train gates, where i noticed a hell of alot smoke comeing out of the exhaust and to be honest i thought my car was on fire there was so much, so i turned the engine off and gave it 3 or 4mins then drove home which was just down the road

i also fitted a catchcan yesterday so would this have anything to do with the smoke? and why am i loosing boost?

im not going to drive my car again whilst i no this is going on so any help please would be fantastic as i dont want the starbo to go in flames

thanks again guys

I did u take a pipe from the breather and a take a pipe from your pcv valve and put them both into the oil catch tank? how many ports are on your catch tank? does it have a breather filter? does it smell like burning oil? do u have any pics of how your catch tank is connected?

got one pipe going from the breather to the catchcan then a pipe off the pcv valve into a seperate port on the catchcan and io have no breather on the catch can

thats the problem then mate, u need to have a breather on the catch tank, if both pipes are connected into the oil catch tank then the engine isnt breathing and building up pressure and causing the oil to get past the piston rings and burn off, thats why its smoking.

thats the problem then mate, u need to have a breather on the catch tank, if both pipes are connected into the oil catch tank then the engine isnt breathing and building up pressure and causing the oil to get past the piston rings and burn off, thats why its smoking.

ah okay so shall i just leave the pipe to the catch can from the breather on then get rid of the one from the pcv valve and fit a breather on the catch cans second port?

ah okay so shall i just leave the pipe to the catch can from the breather on then get rid of the one from the pcv valve and fit a breather on the catch cans second port?

yeah just put the pcv valve back into the inlet, yeah put a filter on.

the corect way to conect the catch can is to put the large port into the main oil breather pipe, ie the pipe on the top of the rocker cover that went to the original efi pipe (recert valve), and the small port to a pipe going to the air filter relocation pipe going into the turbo, remeber u want vacume (negative presure) never booste presure going thrw the catch can.

is it safe to run wthout a breather for a few days?

i have put the pcv valve back onto the inlet mani and the rocker cover breather is going onto the catch can but the other port is now open to the atmosphere

is this safe for a few days?

any no if its okay?

right i have checked every pipe gloing for the intercooler and still a massive boost kleak

doing my head in now

did you get my number fella give us a bell and i can talk u thw a few checks. plus check your waste gate has not dropped open, and iz it still smoking.