Oil Catch Can help

Evening All,

Now i know this has been covered sooooooooooooo many times before and yes i have done a few search's and it still leaves me confused!

Now i have a 'Race Spec' rocker cover with AN6 fittings welded directly to the rocker cover so don't have the standard pcv valve. I have a custom made catch can that has 2 AN6 fittings on top and a drain on the bottom so i can drain out the oil if it ever fills up.

Rocker cover.......

DSC01637.jpg

Catch can before it got welded..........

DSC01232.jpg

Now my question refers to the point that the PCV valve gets removed and the pipework route is changed and does not feed the oil vapours into the inlet anymore. They sell one way 'check valves' on ebay and i could add one of these into the catch can line so that it acts as a one way valve but is it worth it? Im sure i will be fine just running the hoses straight to the catch can and back wont i?

These are the one way valves on egay..........valve

What do people think???

Thanks all,

Jason :lol:

that can needs somewhere to breath, either to atmosphere, or back into the air filter to cause a vacuum

Got a similar setup ona gt im building, i just run them straight to the catch tank from the rocker cover, but as said above, the catch tank needs a breather. Nice fuel rail setup you got there, custom made?

Thanks guys, will just add another port to the top and add a breather then as im not forking out on another catch can :lol:B)

Fuel rail is a 'Race Tech' built one, although to be honest im not happy with it and its needing work to get it to fit properly :lol: