after more power / cam info

Hi Guys!

Im currently running WEPR ct9 power up kit with hybrid gen 2 turbo and buddy club spec 2 exhaust

im looking for abit more grunt but i dont want to go forged as i still want reliability etc and i have heard forged = problems... im thinking of getting a TD04 kit or/and these http://speedvisioncps.com/index.php?main_p...;products_id=63

I want to gather up as much info and help to how to get more torque out of my engine any opinion is welcome thanks :)

caution! OEM toyota re-grounds do not hold up well (mainly -FE series head regrinds). i speak from experince, had a set of 4A-FE cams reground (done professionally, he even had to make up a special chuck because of the shape of the camshaft ends) to 290 duration and had arrow precision custom shims made for the application. once installed this sounded mental on idle but after only 300 miles (not even run in) the soft ferrous camshafts had been eaten by the hardened shims (£300 worth of shims!). the engineer who ground my cams said he was never going to do a set again because they were horrible to work on and very soft.

How are forged engines unreliable? Please do share.

What goes wrong with them?

Its people that think there bullit proof and dont look after them, its them that there engines have problems.

OR

They havent been built properly from the start

But please dont say there unreliable, just because your "brothers, aunties motor had problems"

ANYWAY

back to the topic in hand, stay away from any Speedvision product, everything ive seen from him is utter shite.

Seriously lacks any quality about it,

Where did brothers/aunty come into this??.....fail

its just my general opinion about them just like you have yours......here in the UK people throw far too much money into the 4E than whats actually necessary to obtain a reliable power figure.

id wait for some cams to be brought into the market that are of satisfactory quality untill then id explore other avenues

P.s till you can find a forged engine which answers my question above my opinion will never change ill take a low miler/standard rebuild anyday :)

Simple metaphor of hear say. Surley you have some brains??

Thats fine on opinions, but if your going to be giving the motor a hard life, then the forged internals do take more than standard pistons.

As for mileage, ive done 30,000 miles on mine, kinda hard to get alot of miles on an engine, within 3 years. 170 psi across all 4 cylinders to boot. :)

Where did brothers/aunty come into this??.....fail

its just my general opinion about them just like you have yours......here in the UK people throw far too much money into the 4E than whats actually necessary to obtain a reliable power figure.

id wait for some cams to be brought into the market that are of satisfactory quality untill then id explore other avenues

P.s till you can find a forged engine which answers my question above my opinion will never change ill take a low miler/standard rebuild anyday ;)

Im with Rory on this one, i dont understand how a forged engine would be unreliable.

Why would people spend thousands of pounds on an engine for it to fail.

An engine is only as good as the person who looks after it imo, if its serviced and maintained well then it will go forever just like any other engine.

basically im just trying to gather as much info as possible i dont know whats reliable or not im just goin by what I've been told, im looking for more power to be driven hard and cuz of the way i use my car mainly on track im always checking it over servicing etc but just want to have the reliability there too..?