hi all

i'm guessing that i need some nice new plugs as mine look like this

DSCN0196.jpg

the bottom one has been scrubbed at and is still very caked up

what plugs would you all recomend??????

am possibly going to change the dizzy cap and rotor arm with them, but the leads are too good to get rid of!!!!! (nearly new champion 8mm high performance leads) according to the service recepit the leads were fitted at the last service but there is no mention of plugs, dizzy cap or rotor arm!!!!

also the car did get serviced just 160 miles ago but that was 18 months ago, so should i go for a full oil change and filter while i am at it??????

thanks for all your help

Standard NGK plugs will be grand, seems as if theres oil on them possibly seals have gone? are you loosing alot of oil?

Yup oil + oil filer + fuel filter....

there is the tinniest bit of oil on them mate, not really loosing anything, but what seals would need replacing to stop oil reaching the plugs????

Yep might aswell do the whole lot matey!! Makes more sense!

will most probably do the whole lot, as you are all saying it makes most sense i think

what size/type do i need to fit a 2E engine and what price should i expect to pay for the iridiums and also a price for the standard NGK's just as a comparison.

thanks for all your help guys

tbh id use iridiums in the 4e-fe at a push but not the 2e a set of normal NGKs will be grand...price wise it depends who you know as it were but the going rate for a iridium plug is about £4.80 and £2.40 for a standard one. If you still want iridiums ebays the best place cheaper than any trader ive come across by about £6-7 delivered

Valve stem seals....head off job mate

How often does it get driven?

tbh id use iridiums in the 4e-fe at a push but not the 2e a set of normal NGKs will be grand...price wise it depends who you know as it were but the going rate for a iridium plug is about £4.80 and £2.40 for a standard one. If you still want iridiums ebays the best place cheaper than any trader ive come across by about £6-7 delivered

Valve stem seals....head off job mate

How often does it get driven?

at the moment it gets driven once every couple of months just to keep it moving, max 1-2 miles, other than that it gets turned on a couple of times a week.... but when i can drive it will be my daily driver... and i will be going to work, college and runs out with mates... maybe even japfest and JAE!!!!!!

how difficult would it be to do the valve stem seals for a rank amatuer, also guessing i would also need a head gasket to do that????

Iridiums in an N/A = overkill and verging on pointless.

I don't even run Iridiums on my 180!! Copper 8's for me and thats pushing about 380-400hp.

fair enough will just run some standard NGK plugs then!!

thanks for all your help

tbh id service it and wait till you pass your test and see if the seals are more apparent when it gets driven more wouldnt worry about it too much now tho

was thinkin i may as well do it now while the car is off the road but as you say, i will see if it is more apparent when i am driving it.

but i will most definatly do a full service and put the new plugs in.

if it does become apparent when i am driving it that the stem seals do need replacing i will probablytake it off the road completly, buy something crap for the time being and use that as an opportunity to rebuild the car properly over a couple of years.

in the long run i want to do a big conversion project on it...thats if i stay comfy financially and if the car is still worth doing up!!!! hopefully 4a-ge or some other turbo conversion

;) turbo flutter
slow n steady mate, your plans might change when you start driving it

ohh yeah i know that.... that is a very very long term far fetched idea at the moment and i know i will not be able to afford that for a fair few years yet!!!!!

although, if i do want to keep the car eventually its going to have to have a large amount of money spent on it

new wings, rear arches rebuilding properly and a full proffesional spray job!!!!

Just sooted up, nowt wrong with them, they'll look wet because when it is started it'll be on the choke most of the time due to little use/no miles on it, just get your dad to go out and give it a wee thrash, it'll be fine ;)

they are most definatly sooted up, i try to be very frugal on the choke when i start it up (it is manual choke) as i have seen many a car face problems to to misuse of manual choke!!!!! flooding and even setting the carb alight!!!!!!!

the car is due a little run, it someties goes out on a 1 mile hike when nobodies looking ;)

(cant go much further really sorn off the road, no MOT and no insurance)

will get dad to take it on a nice but short run soon!!!!!

i will still replace the plugs and service the car, just something to do!!!