Fitting GT Seats

I understand that tis a straight swap changing the stock n/a seats to the GT seats, but could just do with a few pointers as to how to go about changing them so I at least have an idea what I'm doing next week :lol:

Pretty much know what I'm doing with the front seats, tis mainly the rear bench am a little confuzzled by.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers :lol:

Firstly, seat belts!

Have the seats been removed from the 90-92 GT or the 92-95? If they're from the later model then your quite lucky as the seat belt clips are bolted on to the actual seat, and all you have to do is put your seat belt clip on to the GT seat, Whereas on the earlier model the seat belt clip is onto the body of the car and you'd have to drill holes on to the body of your car to hold the new seat belt clip, as far as i can remember as we had to do that when fitting the GT seats on my dads old Sportif.

As for the rears, its a straight swap. Pull the bung clip things off the back of the seat which hold the boot carpet on, undo the bolts, bolt in the new and clip on the carpet!

Good luck!

Theres two pins that stick out on the inside of the frame that you will need to drill holes out on the cars body for them pins to slot into. I can't rememer any of that but thats what my brothers tellin me. And he says dont chop the pins off the seat as they help it to stay secure.

Also when changing the front seats you will need to drill 2 small holes in your floor for the guiding pins to sit as they're on different sides to the stock seats. Hope that helps. Rear bench only 2-4 bolts actually line up its not a straight forward swap and the bottom part of the bench doesn't clip in either for me, it just sat lose.

when i fitted GT seats to the sportif we cut the lining up pins off the seat. and bolted the seat belt holders into the rear hole nearest to where they go!! spimple to do but only means they cant be adjusted but suited me as there was really only 2 in the car!

HEEEEEELP!!!!!

Have fitted the passenger and rear seats now but the driver seat just won't go in!

The passenger seat took a bit of persuasion to go in but went in eventually but the driver's side seat just refuses to budge. Appears the runners go too wide to fit - one side of the seat is bout an inch out from where it's supposed to bolt in!

Help ASAP please as can't drive the car until have it fitted safely and don't really want to put the old seat back in.

Please and thankyou!

Cheers!

should be something simple, try greasing it up firstly, then play with the mechanisms, you have to be a clever cunt to work them when it aint bolted in but it is possible, just keep at it.

failing that, burn the cunts, and the car, and someone you see walking down the street.