I shit you not.
8 years after coming off the road due to an oil leak, two/three oil leaks have FINALLY been diagnosed. These shouldnt pose a problem for MOT and will be fixed probably next year.
Current work being carried out by the mechanic is as follows:
· Oil and oil filter change
· Fit lower arms with new bushes, ball joints and track rod ends (new drop links I bought were the wrong ones so they wont go on)
· Fit anti-lift kit whilst fitting new lower arms
· Fix CV boot weep on divers side (new boots purchased but not needed)
· Fit new rear discs and pads and wheel bearings
· Fit new water temp sensors
· Weld in the spare wheel mount
· Weld repair on bumper support bar
· Headlight alignment
· Straighten steering wheel
· Assess front brakes (discs, pads, calipers) – are they ok? Answer: Discs have some life left but probably need replaced next year
· Assess rear calipers – are they ok or seized? - GOOD NEWS! They are NOT seized!
· Find the source of the oil leak and repair? Answer: crank shaft oil seal and driveshaft oil seal both leaking.
· Change crank pulley back from blue one to OEM
· Fuel tank need a coating of waxoil or similar and surface rust scraped off?
· General MOT preparation (handbrake, etc) and check over (anything sinister lurking that I haven’t spotted?) Rear hard pipes need cleaned up.
· Fab and fit brackets to support FMIC better
Well - that only took 8 years. Will she pass MOT? We'll find out tomorrow!