cant believe how cheap importing is..

been lookin on jap import sights cant believe how cheap starlets go for there is a kitted glanza for sale at the moment roll caged up etc has been in accident and repaired at some point but it only goign for 20k in yen which is still dirt cheap

I'm importing my new car at the mo and it is nt cheap.u don't pay the vat at the auctions you pay when the car gets to it's destination.how it works is you pay the freight on board price to get to the ship then you have to pay shipping say£500.then when it lands you pay 10% duty on the fob price plus the shipping costs then the vat is taken from the total of the fob plus the shipping charge plus the duty charge.so your getting taxed on tax.then you gotta pay customs charge and agent fees.And at the mo the exchange rate is crap it used to be 200yen to 0.86p now it's 126yen to 0.86p.yes it does work out a little cheaper some times it all depends on the car.I'm saving a grand importing mine over buying one here but you can get starlets dirt cheap now so don't see the point in importing one really