What do you guys and girlies think of the old school swift GTI ?

Hi people as above what do you think about the old swift gti's i have came across one at a good price £250 engine runs no problem it dosent have tax or m.o.t but looks like a good base should i or shoudnt i purchase as another project ? note it does have holes in the floor slight water leak here and there but nothing i cant fix lol ? comments welcome

my 1st car was a swift gti, awesome little thing, went well, good on petrol and was rareish lol

I then sold it to a mate, who has since sold it to another mate, so its still about.

6.jpg

9.jpg

my 1st car was a swift gti, awesome little thing, went well, good on petrol and was rareish lol

I then sold it to a mate, who has since sold it to another mate, so its still about.

6.jpg

9.jpg

Nice at £250 i cant complain the engine runs sweet and its red to lol ;)

You any good at fabrication? You technically minded?

Pics of car and said holes?

yes mate i can weld pritty good ive done all the welding on my Gt that isnt a problem and when i say holes i meen the size of a 50p pence on the passenger floor ;) and nope no pics yet :/

tbh mate £250, very cheap for any car, is it going to be a shit heap? lol

Not really ive been to see it today been sat in her had her running the guy let me have a test drive at the back of the yard engine wise runs sweet the bodywork isnt the best but i would be respraying the full car anyways belive it or not but its fast as f**k for a 1.3 non turbo :| lol back disck brakes are nakerdd thoo really baddd.

fair enough if engine is sound mate, take it your gonna do all the cosmetic work at college then mate?

If so go for it dude!!

Oh and i know they are quick lol, was first car, all my mates had saxo vtrs and i wass pissing them in my stripped GTi!! lol

fair enough if engine is sound mate, take it your gonna do all the cosmetic work at college then mate?

If so go for it dude!!

Oh and i know they are quick lol, was first car, all my mates had saxo vtrs and i wass pissing them in my stripped GTi!! lol

i think i am going to mate lol i wont be able to get the car in college going to do all the work at home this time have to see but ye i was suprised with how fast it was for a non turbo lol i think the guy said its 100bhp stock which isnt bad for a car that dosent weigh as much as the starlet i think.

They are awesome, powerful little machines but they are all rotten. If you find a good one it won't last long as they ate weak shells. My cousin had around 7 of them before buying his Starlet GT. They rev really well too.

ive had 9 swift gti's in my driving career over 4 years, & tbh for a 1.3 twincam with 101bhp they are the ultimate pocket rockets of all time for the size of the engine..

my last gti was apparently the mintest in uk (might have seen on p-heads.com last year) last year i had a 99'v shell with gti engine n t3/t4 turbo fully forged making 287hp @ 1.8bar.. (wasn't very reliable after 6 months tho)

i wud have another gti anyday as a second car, bt wud hav to be mint ;)

tbh mate £250 is a very cheap price for a gti, especially as they are uber rare now..

i would sack it rite away.. ;)

Excuse Durmz he hasnt had his Medication!

There fucking awsome! ma mate had one there so quick ,used to keep up with the ma V in take of or untill it comes on boost when it was compleatly standered, i had standerd exhaust stock boost and still had 1st and 2nd gear restriction (didnt know about it) he had decat exhaust induction kit mag leads got a pic

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu338/k...andcharlote.jpg