I'm looking at using a set of 5e cams in my 4-efte build. My friend keeps telling me to use a set of 5e cams on my td04 build, anyone actually using a set of these would like a bit of info on the gains u get or if its worth doing.

Hope to here a few opions from you guys

Cheers steve

there has been masses of threads and arguments on this over the years... there was a big thread on the pro's/cons over on tgtt.

i have a vague remembering that there are gains to be had with 5efhe as there is a slightly greater lift, but whether the effort of getting them in, sorting end caps etc was beneficial to the gains provided. Also you would need to map the ecu to the new cams as lift and duty would be effected.

i think thats what i remember from the conversations

the only cams that make any difference are the 5efhe cams and they only make a marginal difference but if you were gunna do that then use a 5efhe head

the 5efe cams are the same as the 4efte ones

as above! does the 5efhe head have bigger valves?

So if I was to use the complete head can I just bolt it on and get it mapped or is there other stuff that I will need to modifiy to make it work.

ther are a couple of plugs that differ on the thermo housing but apart from that you can bolt it on but make sure its a 5ef "H" e or its a pointless exercise

• 1 year later...

sorry to bump a old topic but i have a parted fhe in my shed and was planning to use it on my 4efte build

does anybody know the exact gains or is it not worth messing around with?