We can't adjust on our NAs, should drop down to about 900rpm when warm

Check all the vacuum hoses for splits and leaks, also TB gasket or inlet mani gasket, airbox sensor for air temp, if none of that works then have a fiddle with the Idle Control Valve on the TB, worked for me :wub:

We can't adjust on our NAs, should drop down to about 900rpm when warm

Check all the vacuum hoses for splits and leaks, also TB gasket or inlet mani gasket, airbox sensor for air temp, if none of that works then have a fiddle with the Idle Control Valve on the TB, worked for me :wub:

How am i gonna be able to check if the sensors work?

Ok after going over the car today i found when i started up the car was idleing at 900 when cold, when warmed it was at about 12-1300. I started fidling with some plugs on the throttle body pulled one out and the revs went up to 1600 i plugged it back in and they stayed at that, so i went and pulled another and the revs dropped to 900 but was running very rich (popping when letting of revs) i plugged all back in and they stayed at 15-1600. The car also needs a very good full service could this have anything to do with it? Could someone post a pic of a 4efe engine with a circle round each sensor and what it does please as i need to build my knowledge up off these little petrol engines as im a diesel fitter lol. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...